Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child robots could be used to treat pedophiles

Very bizzare.

Child robots could be used to treat pedophiles and other sexual predators
    Robotic experts say child-like machines could become ‘most powerful tool’ in reducing sex attacks. Animal and disabled robots could also cater to ‘dark desires.’
    BY Deborah Hastings
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Friday, July 18, 2014, 3:00 PM
    Updated: Friday, July 18, 2014, 3:00 PM

Robots in the form of children could be used by pedophiles and other sexual offenders to keep them from attacking humans, say experts.

Well, here’s an idea that’s destined for lengthy, heated debate:

Treat pedophiles and other sexual deviants by building robots that would quench their illegal desires.

“Child-like robots could be used for pedophiles the way methadone is used to treat drug addicts,” said Ron Arkin, Georgia Tech’s Mobile Robot Lab director, according to Forbes.

At a recent robot ethics seminar at the University of California at Berkeley, experts debated moral and ethical concerns in the rising development of artificial intelligence.

Including the use of child robots as sex toys.

“We’ve had sex toys for as long as mankind, and womankind, have been around,” Arkin told the group.

Arkin said he didn’t advocate selling child-size robots as sexual aids, but rather as something to be used in research settings.

“I only believe it is worth investigating in a controlled way to possibly provide better protection to society from recidivism in sex offenders,” he told Forbes.

“If we can save some children, I think it’s a worthwhile project.”

Other experts, including Ben Way, author of "Jobocalypse: The End of Human Jobs and How Robots Will Replace Them," have suggested robots in the shape of animals and disabled people could be sold to practicers of bestiality and those with fetishes and "dark desires."

Using robots for sex has been bandied about in recent years as robotic technology grew at a rapid pace.

A survey this spring in Britain revealed that one in six people would have sex with a robot.

There already are myriad sellers of sex robots on the Internet, offering male and female versions with life-like genitalia and battery-powered limbs.

“We’re poised at the cusp of really being surrounded by robots in daily life,” said law professor Jennifer Urban, who moderated last week’s panel discussion.

All the more reason to discuss the legal, moral and ethical consequences of using artificial intelligence, she said.

Wtf... Let's just kill the bastards... World is overpopulated as it is,,, let's kill all molesters, rapists, murders, thieves, con artists, etc

Comment

This is liberalism.

Comment

I don't see a problem with it. The individuals that pay for such a robot can do whatever they like with them. There is a moral concern, however, should the robots get complex enough to experience consciousness and feel pain. In this is the case, then the robots would have a moral right not to be used as sex slaves for the same reason it's morally wrong to keep animals as sex slaves.

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
          I don't see a problem with it. The individuals that pay for such a robot can do whatever they like with them. There is a moral concern, however, should the robots get complex enough to experience consciousness and feel pain. In this is the case, then the robots would have a moral right not to be used as sex slaves for the same reason it's morally wrong to keep animals as sex slaves.
          lol you are watching way too many tv shows and movies.. a robot that feels pain is like 100 to 200 years away from our current technology..

Comment

Stupid idea...does legalized prostitution prevent rape? Women still get raped in Vegas and parts of Europe and other countries where it is state controlled.

The solution is castration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              Stupid idea...does legalized prostitution prevent rape? Women still get raped in Vegas and parts of Europe and other countries where it is state controlled.

The solution is castration.
              Dude why u got that creepy girl in your avi.... You said you were changing it but all you did was find her in another colored dress... Chick is ghastly

Comment

This sounds a bit like my sex-clone thread.

Comment

Has the Pope endorsed this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Wtf... Let's just kill the bastards... World is overpopulated as it is,,, let's kill all molesters, rapists, murders, thieves, con artists, etc
                    I'm with you. I mean seriously...if we gots to make a gotdamn robot for you to "quench your desires" of f**king a child -- you shouldn't be here in the first place. Put these sick f**ks to sleep. Forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X