No announcement yet.

Ricky burns should feel he won, revitalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky burns should feel he won, revitalized

That was another fight that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I felt Burns would have easily won a decisions with out the corrupt point deductions. Was this ref paid off????

Also, in the 12th round Ricky almost scored a TKO. Figuoroa is another Leo Santa Cruz in the making, a paper champ. I want to see a rematch, I felt Ricky was the better fighter.

Definitely shady, I thought Burns deserved the win. Cole should be banned from the sport permanently.

Comment

Ricky said he is definitely going back to lightweight.

Comment

Hard to watch this stuff unfold. The reffing was blatantly biased in favor of figuora throughout the fight. And on top of that cole has the nerve to take 2 points away from burns. Its hard to believe this is due solely to incompetence on coles part and not something else at play here..

Comment

It sucked to watch not only did I have some coin on him I was proud he proved so many wrong. Have to feel for the guy, he fought his heart out he was just outnumbered and had everything against him imaginable.

Fans know deep down who won that fight and it sure as hell wasn't Figueroa.

Comment

Figueroa vs. Burns was a good scrap. I didn't think it was a robbery but the scorecards were too wide. Controversial decision would be more appropriate. Most people here seem to dislike Figueroa and it clouds their judgment. I don't like him either but nobody was robbed.

Burns can be proud of himself. He delivered a career-reviving performance, without a doubt his best since his win over Kevin Mitchell in 2012. I don't know what he plans to do next, but I sure would love to see him fight in the U.S. again. He is a very likeable fighter and one of the good guys in boxing.

As for Laurence Cole, he is one of the worst referees and has been for years. To be fair it was a difficult fight to officiate. Burns did a lot of holding so I can't complain about the point deductions.

Comment

I second that no way he won by 6 rds even with 2 pts deduction.i thought Burns won or it was a draw.

Comment

He did win.

Comment

I personally felt that without the point deductions the fight was a draw but the scorecards, if I remember correctly, were ridiculous. Absolutely terrible.

I think moving back down to LW is bad for Burns, he is better suited at this stage in his career at 140. He looked drained at 135 and I've followed his career for a long time. He seems a heck of a lot better at 140. There was more energy and snap in his punches too.

Comment

Working...
                  X