No announcement yet.

Boxing needs to be under one promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Because those sports have scoreboards. Not corrupted officials deciding who won in their opinion.
    Lol every sport has had to deal with some corruption, from basketball refs gambling on gamesto baseball players being iinvolve in a fix, do some research

Comment

Originally posted by Based_God View Post
      Lol at those guys fight for peanuts?... Newsflash, so do most in boxing, you live in a dream land where you believe every boxer is living in some beach house in Malibu and driving Ferraris, I'm willing to bet there's more fighters in boxing doing side jobs than in the UFC... And also how many network dates does boxing have compared to ufc??... Bringing up soccer stadiums when the guy in your avi is still fighting in bingo halls.. Lol you have no valid counter argument

Cliffs :get your head out of your ass
      Whatever you say, bro. I don't really care because what you're saying in this thread is not happening and will never happen.

You can keep dreaming or accept reality. Your choice

Comment

Boxing fans are ridiculous, I can't believe how many are arguing against the TS, its fukin stupid. You don't want the best fights? You don't want more champions? You don't want a legitimate structure where guys have a proper ranking and aren't run on the basis on who's paying who.

I know, I know, corruption occurs anyway but it would be far less.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          Whatever you say, bro. I don't really care because what you're saying in this thread is not happening and will never happen.

You can keep dreaming or accept reality. Your choice
          I never said it would happen, but the reality also is you have to accept what boxing is and stop *****ing about fights not happening, and I see you *****ing alot in this forum

Comment

Lol every sport has had to deal with some corruption, from basketball refs gambling on gamesto baseball players being iinvolve in a fix, do some research
            The level of corruption in those sports is a pimple on an elephant's ass compared to boxing.

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Boxing fans are ridiculous, I can't believe how many are arguing against the TS, its fukin stupid. You don't want the best fights? You don't want more champions? You don't want a legitimate structure where guys have a proper ranking and aren't run on the basis on who's paying who.

So you want a promoter to run boxing? A promoter's job is to make money. With no oversight, he will just make Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 because that fight will generate the most money. He will rank fighters based on who fills up the most seats.

One sanctioning body I agree with. But not one promoter. Imagine if Richard Schaefer was the only guy in charge of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Lol they're arguing cause they don't like hearing the truth.... they ***** and moan about a sport they know will never work out in their favor.. And they'll continue to ***** and moan for years and years on this forum....

"wahh bon arum won't make the fight "

" wahh AL haymon is destroying boxing "

they get all defensive cause they don'tlike to be told the truth about boxing becauseI tthey've already invested too much into it

Comment

I never said it would happen, but the reality also is you have to accept what boxing is and stop *****ing about fights not happening, and I see you *****ing alot in this forum
                I'll rather continue to moan and groan about maybe 2-3 matches per year that should but don't happen. Rather then ruin the integrity of the sport by randomly having "one promoter" dictating the sport.

As ****ty as boxing is sometimes, the good thing about the sanctioning bodies is that guys like the guy in my avi get their chance to make it to the big stage and new undiscovered talent gets discovered.

With "Al Haymon running boxing" your Kovalevs and Crawfords, etc... wouldn't get a chance. It'd be nothing more then a big pile of fake WWE **** that completely ruins the integrity of the sport

Can you imagine someone like Richard Schaefer running boxing? Jeez.... It'd be nothing more then a clown act. Would not even be a sport anymore. No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  The level of corruption in those sports is a pimple on an elephant's ass compared to boxing.

So you want a promoter to run boxing? A promoter's job is to make money. With no oversight, he will just make Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 because that fight will generate the most money. He will rank fighters based on who fills up the most seats.

One sanctioning body I agree with. But not one promoter. Imagine if Richard Schaefer was the only guy in charge of boxing.
                  A promoter doesn't have to be a single guy, it can be a body, a committee, etc.

Bascially, what most genuine boxing fans want is a single body to run boxing, as the FA does English football, NFL for American Football, UFC for the majority of major MMA and WWE in "wrestling".

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    I'll rather continue to moan and groan about maybe 2-3 matches per year that should but don't happen. Rather then ruin the integrity of the sport by randomly having "one promoter" dictating the sport.

As ****ty as boxing is sometimes, the good thing about the sanctioning bodies is that guys like the guy in my avi get their chance to make it to the big stage and new undiscovered talent gets discovered.

With "Al Haymon running boxing" your Kovalevs and Crawfords, etc... wouldn't get a chance. It'd be nothing more then a big pile of fake WWE **** that completely ruins the integrity of the sport

Can you imagine someone like Richard Schaefer running boxing? Jeez.... It'd be nothing more then a clown act. Would not even be a sport anymore. No thanks
                    Yeah, because it's not seen as a clown act by the mainstream media after the Mayweather-pacquiao circus ..... Ironically you bring up the WWE which probably has rankings, and definitely titles that are on par with boxing

I'm aware what I wrote will cause some boxing fans like yourself to get all defensive, I mean I just told you why boxing iisn't even consider a legitimate competitive sport (best fighting the best) . But what i wrote is true.
                    Last edited by Based_God; 07-08-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah... because not seen as a clown act by the mainstream media..... Ironically you bring up the WWE which probably has rankings, and definitely titles that are on par with boxing

I'm aware what I wrote will cause some boxing fans like yourself to get all defensive, I mean I just told you why boxing iisn't even consider a legitimate competitive sport. But what i wrote is true.
                      Who doesn't consider boxing a competitive sport?

UFC fans? People who watch Sportscenter all day?

LOL. Let them think what they want. Boxing will be fine without them.

Comment

Working...
                      X