Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of these welterweights had a harder punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuevas basically made his career with that left hook. Hearns did destroy Cuevas with the right hand but Cuevas' left hook shouldn't be forgotten about, it was certainly the most feared punch in his time (until Hearns).

Young Cuevas shocks welterweight champion Angel Espada

Comment

Hearns then SRR

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
        Pipino Cuevas
        Thomas hearns
        Mark Breland
        Ray Robinson
        felix trinidad
        I'll never know for sure, thank god, but I'd say Breland and Hearns, if you let them take a good clean shot.

Comment

id say hearns he had some devestating ko's but bear in mind many people are judging it on his ko of duran but that came at junior middle not welter

Comment

I think it was Hearns, he had some serious punching power.

Comment

hearns easily..he was still knocking guys out at cruiserweight....

Comment

I'd say Hearns and trinidad

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
                  Pipino Cuevas
                  Thomas hearns
                  Mark Breland
                  Ray Robinson
                  felix trinidad

they all had great power, but if you had to pick one, not minding the boxing skill or ability, who would you rank just in terms of over all power, and why?

for me it's a tie between hearns and cuevas

Thomas because he obliterated welterweights in his path, and carried his power into higher weight divisions.

Cuevas because he busted people's eye sockets, smashed jaws, and broke ribs. But he has also tasted Hearns' right hand

what say you?
                  Hearns, but not by much,.... SRR was better at nailing his,.... more KO's too..

Comment

Purely based on power? Id have too say Cuevas,but Hearns was a better all round puncher,and SRR is the best puncher on the list imo (if that makes sense)

Comment

Hearns' right hand may have been the single greatest punch in boxing history, so I'll give him the nod.

2nd is Cuevas, who I have always thought was 2nd only to George Foreman when it came to pure heavy-handedness. Pipino was one of those guys who seemed to have bricks in both hands, especially the left.

Comment

Working...
                      X