Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rank higher as an all-time great, Pacquiao or JC Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you rank higher as an all-time great, Pacquiao or JC Chavez?

Who ranks higher on your personal list and why?
    Manny Pacquiao
    57.89%
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    42.11%

I went for Chavez he never got stopped in his prime. Manny's titles are impressive though.

Comment

Manny..

I think his wins over Barrera, Marquez, and cotto, plus all the weight classes makes manny slightly higher than Chavez..
      Plus, late in his career, manny has had success at welter, while Chavez was never able to do much past 140..

Both are ATG but I would favor manny

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        I went for Chavez he never got stopped in his prime. Manny's titles are impressive though.
        Manny never got stopped in his prime.. I don't count his teenage years as being prime

Comment

I don't think there's any question that Chavez is the greater fighter.....and that's coming from somebody who likes Pacquiao and doesn't particularly care for Chavez.

Comment

I'm a big fan of both but looking at it objectively, Chavez should be ranked higher. His run as undefeated may not have featured spectacular fighters all the time but he managed to keep a period of consistency which hadn't been seen since Robinson's original run of a 100 or so bouts.

With Manny, he has superior speed and power but Chavez had a better chin and imo the better all round game. He could be dirty when he wanted to be and draw out a long, difficult to watch fight if he felt that it would allow him to get the win. He was smarter.

Comment

I rank Chavez higher than Pacquiao or Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
                I don't think there's any question that Chavez is the greater fighter.....and that's coming from somebody who likes Pacquiao and doesn't particularly care for Chavez.
                Im beginning to think we are alts! Seriously this is exactly how I see it.

I always respected Chavez and thought Pee Wee outclassed him, so....being that i am a big Whitaker fan I have a natural inclination to dislike Chavez. I also avoid the usual Pac/Mayweather schism because I basically respect the abilities of both guys. Chavez was dominant at a time and in a way that Pacquiao wasn't. Pacquiao's greatness while it is true, has some caveats. Many people feel as though Marquez really showed himself to be the better fighter through their early fights, many people feel as though pac feasted off guys on the downside of their twilights, etc.

Chavez as much as I disliked his style....I.e. a lot of Mexican fighters are sort of pressure fighters, sort of punchers, which sort of drives me crazy! But Julio caesar was consistant and beat many guys over the years.

Speaking if "Caesers" How many of you bloakes knew that the caeser salad was invented in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  I rank Chavez higher than Pacquiao or Mayweather.
                  Maybe my etiquette is wrong...if so apologies in advance...but it seems so untoward to make a comparison like this while one guy is still fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Speaking if "Caesers" How many of you bloakes knew that the caeser salad was invented in Mexico?
                    I did. Invented in Tijuana by Caesar Cardini. I've made one from scratch before.....the raw egg in the dressing gave me the ****s from hell but damn it was worth it :cool9:

Comment

Working...
                    X