Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the rarest natural skill/asset for a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryant Jennings with an 84" reach at 6'2... huge advantage...

Comment

How about cutting the ring off?

Looking at the way some of these guys fight nowadays, it looks like you're either born with it or you're not. It's so frustrating!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

if james toney was a trait, then yea that.

Comment

This isn't really a skill/talent/trait, I guess you could say it is, but the ability to have confidence while staring into the eyes of a killer.

Comment

A soft, feathery, pillowy Paulie Malignaggi power shot is the rarest, most exclusive skill in the sport as of today in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              A soft, feathery, pillowy Paulie Malignaggi power shot is the rarest, most exclusive skill in the sport as of today in my humble opinion.
              To be a feather fisted two weight world champion is an exclusive skill.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                To be a feather fisted two weight world champion is an exclusive skill.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Bryant Jennings with an 84" reach at 6'2... huge advantage...
                  It's definitely an advantage to have and quite rare....I dunno, reach is a good call but still if i'm not wrong the taller guys with slightly less reach will still have arm length or wingspan advantages which sort of negates long reach on a shorter guy...

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  How about cutting the ring off?

Looking at the way some of these guys fight nowadays, it looks like you're either born with it or you're not. It's so frustrating!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  No, I think that has to be put down to a taught skill, just some fighters take to it more than others and probably have natural instincts and ability to analyse distance and space well.

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                  if james toney was a trait, then yea that.
                  You mean mental ******ation?

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  A whole new meaning to 'putting someone to sleep' them soft, soft, comfortable pillows

Comment

I'd say elusiveness/timing, and poise under pressure. Even so, some boxers are just naturally more comfortable doing certain things, and maybe it boils down to an intuition. Some people have a predisposition towards athletics, sciences or the humanities and when they are in that place of feeling most comfortable they excel without guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                      A whole new meaning to 'putting someone to sleep' them soft, soft, comfortable pillows
                      When I get drunk as f**k I just want a nice fluffy Malignaggi power shot to rest my head on. It would be the shiz if Paulie came out with some Bed, Bath, and Beyond trunks on in his next fight

Lol just f**king with ya Paulie fans. Paulie cool

Comment

Working...
                      X