No announcement yet.

Jacobs Can Beat Golovkin If

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I think he needs to work quickly. Jacobs doesn't have the kind of footwork or durability to avoid him the whole fight. Golovkin WILL catch up with him, given enough time. Jacobs is able to be very powerful, quick, and accurate. But, he's gotta be fresh to do that. Golovkin is hit-able and doesn't have to be broken down first. I think Danny should get a feeler in the first, and look to execute in the 2nd or 3rd. His chances aren't great, but he's definitely capable of the upset.
    I agree with this. If Golovkin has the time to work he'll break Jacobs down, Danny needs to jump in hard and early, the longer it goes on the worse his chances get. And if he gets caught, so what? Better to roll the dice.

Comment

I think he needs to work quickly. Jacobs doesn't have the kind of footwork or durability to avoid him the whole fight. Golovkin WILL catch up with him, given enough time. Jacobs is able to be very powerful, quick, and accurate. But, he's gotta be fresh to do that. Golovkin is hit-able and doesn't have to be broken down first. I think Danny should get a feeler in the first, and look to execute in the 2nd or 3rd. His chances aren't great, but he's definitely capable of the upset.
      Golovkin starts fast so the worst thing you could do is start slow. Do it like Mayweather who also starts fast to intimidate his opponents with his speed and countering, that what Jacobs will have to do, start quick, win the exchanges and in turn Golovkin will gain respect for him. I doubt Jacobs has that level of skill though.

More likely to land his punches inbetween the beatdown he'll be recieving like most Golovkin opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Golovkin starts fast so the worst thing you could do is start slow. Do it like Mayweather who also starts fast to intimidate his opponents with his speed and countering, that what Jacobs will have to do, start quick, win the exchanges and in turn Golovkin will gain respect for him. I doubt Jacobs has that level of skill though.

More likely to land his punches inbetween the beatdown he'll be recieving like most Golovkin opponents.
        I would agree with that for other opponents, but not for Jacob's skill set.

If Golovkin starts fast, is because he's responding to pressure. I don't recall him ever initiating immediate pressure with a paced opponent. Guys that box with him last several rounds before taking the inevitable accumulation of heavy shots. I really don't see anyone at MW who is slick enough to box and evade Golovkin for a whole fight, unless Lara moved up.

Brook got aggressive with him and had some success but didn't have the pop on his punches to really hurt him. As Koba-Grozny said above, it's a roll of the dice either way. As I see it, Jacob's power is a more reliable asset than his footwork or chin so he should play to his strengths.
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-24-2016, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I agree with this. If Golovkin has the time to work he'll break Jacobs down, Danny needs to jump in hard and early, the longer it goes on the worse his chances get. And if he gets caught, so what? Better to roll the dice.
          I would agree with that for other opponents, but not for Jacob's skillet.

If Golovkin starts fast, is because he's responding to pressure. I don't recall him ever initiating immediate pressure with a paced opponent. Guys that box with him last several rounds before taking the inevitable accumulation of heavy shots. I really don't see anyone at MW who is slick enough to box and evade Golovkin for a whole fight, unless Lara moved up.

Brook got aggressive with him and had some success but didn't have the pop on his punches to really hurt him. As Koba-Grozny said above, it's a roll of the dice either way. As I see it, Jacob's power is a more reliable asset than his footwork or chin so he should play to his strengths.

I agree with these points. Id like to see Jacobs to land something big, at the least flush in the first round to earn GGG's respect.

Comment

It Jacobs didn't have a glass chin I'd pick him.

Comment

He can win if Golovkin's power disappears overnight.

Otherwise, he's getting stopped early. He cannot take a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                Lemieux hasn't beat a Quillin type opponent tho
                Quillin was on the cusp of losing to ****ing Rosado.

Comment

he is way too easy to hit. you need tricks to beat golovkin with movement. otherwise you need to back him up. jacobs won't do either. he's got the power, but he doens't move his head enough or throw enough punches that will land on golovkin and back him up. styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                    He fights Golovkin how he fought Quillin patient looking to land big shots, if he can land as much as Brook its over, that being said he has chin problems and if Golovkin lands its all over
                    jacobs can beat golovkin if:

he can take his power

that's pretty much the only variable that matters

Comment

GGG doesn't respect him and he fights like he did against Brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X