No announcement yet.

Martinez can avoid all the top Middleweights and it's ok

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Yet if Floyd doesnt fight Martinez he is scared and a duck??how does that work??Martinez does not have to face top middleweights because of risk/reward..yet if Floyd does not fight the top mw he is a ducking coward??the posters on here are hilarious,i mean hilarious....
    who the hell is the top middleweights?damn all people do is cry on here

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Then he will most likely rematch Sturm after that. He's busy for about a year. Barker fight was trash. Only reason Sergio isnt ****ted on more for taking that fight is because Barker had decent success and did way better then expected. This Murray fight is just as bad
      The Murray fight isn't much better but it is above the Barker fight....

Barker was still Euro level heading into that fight

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He hasn't avoided anyone, but he hasn't been fighting very good fights either. He's solely focused on money, which every other popular fighter in the sport gets heavily criticized for, yet people don't care that Martinez is fighting Darren Barker and Martin Murray and looking at a Chavez Jr. rematch.

Why not fight Pirog? He was more deserving than Barker. Why not fight Golovkin now? He's more deserving than Murray.
        seriously?off of what?a fight or 2? what happends to golovkin if they lose to sergio?the lil buzz they have is gone and they become overrated euro bums

Comment

Yet if Floyd doesnt fight Martinez he is scared and a duck??how does that work??Martinez does not have to face top middleweights because of risk/reward..yet if Floyd does not fight the top mw he is a ducking coward??the posters on here are hilarious,i mean hilarious....
          martinez hasnt ducked anyone at MW so far, its the other "champions" who are either unwilling to fight him or unwilling to earn a titleshot. geale is the only one who deserves a shot that seems to want it, if martinez doesnt fight him soon that will be a duck imo and i dont even like geale.

you are right about floyd not fighting martinez though, that fight makes no sense and you cant duck someone who isnt in your weightclass. anyone who thinks floyd should fight martinez dont know anything about boxing. anyone who is saying hes ducking martinez, is scared etc is plain stupid.

Comment

Who did he avoid exactly? Pirog? Please, that dude rode out of town just as fast as his hype train brought him in. 3G? He hasn't done much in his pro career so far and he hasn't fought any top rated MW's himself if I recall correctly. He has fought or will have fought 3 of the top 10 MW boxers in his last 3 fights. I'm surprised Barker isn't ranked in many top 10 lists, he beats at least 7 or 8 of the guys on Ring's list.

People are just complaining because Guerrero moved up 2 divisions to get to WW and even though he is winning fights, people still view him as a smaller fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              'm surprised Barker isn't ranked in many top 10 lists, he beats at least 7 or 8 of the guys on Ring's list.
              You shouldn't be surprised, he doesn't have a top 20 divisional win. Neither does Murray

Comment

what i don't understand about you mayweather fans is why do you guys not care about floyd striving for greatness? yall act so threaten by sergio martinez. yall scoff at the idea of floyd fighting him. why? why are yall content with robert gurerrero? sergio is no bigger than de la hoya and floyd beat him. no fight would do more for mayweather's legacy than sergio martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  martinez hasnt ducked anyone at MW so far, its the other "champions" who are either unwilling to fight him or unwilling to earn a titleshot. geale is the only one who deserves a shot that seems to want it, if martinez doesnt fight him soon that will be a duck imo and i dont even like geale.

you are right about floyd not fighting martinez though, that fight makes no sense and you cant duck someone who isnt in your weightclass. anyone who thinks floyd should fight martinez dont know anything about boxing. anyone who is saying hes ducking martinez, is scared etc is plain stupid.
                  Good that kills all hat non sense of Martinez fighting Ward and Froch because neither one is in his weight class
                  so fighters should stay in the same weight class their whole careers too
                  why did floyd go up to fight Cotto at 154 now back down to fight Guerrero then he is going to go back up to fight Canelo at 154? makes no sense right?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    The Murray fight isn't much better but it is above the Barker fight....

Barker was still Euro level heading into that fight
                    It is absolutely no better than the Barker fight.

Only difference is, is Murray is in the Top 10. For what reason, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
                      Lol. Trout is better than Canelo? I hate Canelo but I had to LOL again.
                      What fight on Canelo's resume is better than a win over Cotto at 154? I'll wait

Comment

Working...
                      X