No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: 'I’m a Better Counterpuncher than Rigondeaux'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire: 'I’m a Better Counterpuncher than Rigondeaux'

Junior featherweight world champion Nonito Donaire sat down with BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com last Thursday and touched on a variety of topics leading up to his Apr. 13 fight in New York City with Guillermo Rigondeaux.

The “Filipino Flash” has been preparing for the bout at Radio City Music Hall in the Northern California city of San Carlos with Brian Schwartz and Mike Bazzel. Reigning Trainer of the Year Robert Garcia is slated to periodically check in from Oxnard, a five-hour drive south of the gym.

“I’ve really been focused on this camp more than I’ve ever focused, so there’s no excuses,” Donaire (31-1, 20 KOs) said.

True to his word, Donaire wakes up at 4:30 in the morning on conditioning days and has added pool workouts to his already demanding regimen, which partially consists of interval sprinting on the track and utilization of the hypoxic machine to simulate a high-altitude training environment.

Camp would not be complete without sparring, and in addition to local fighters like slick junior bantamweight Bruno Escalante, manager Cameron Dunkin is sending Donaire a few new lefties of various sizes to tangle with as well.

“It’s been excellent work,” Donaire said of the sessions so far. “These kids they brought me just keep coming, and I like that they don’t hold back.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

was wondering if a post by neither fighters would appear today..they have been quiet.. lol

Comment

No one is a better counter puncher than Rigondeaux!!!

Comment

I would agree.

Comment

I don't think Donaire is a better counter-puncher than Rigo. He has more powerful counters, yes, but Guillermo is far more accurate. And Rigo is no slouch in the power department himself.

Comment

Hmmm no. You hit harder, have great timing, have a killer left hook and you're athletic as **** but no, Rigondeaux is a better counter puncher but that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Junior featherweight world champion Nonito Donaire sat down with BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com last Thursday and touched on a variety of topics leading up to his Apr. 13 fight in New York City with Guillermo Rigondeaux.

The “Filipino Flash” has been preparing for the bout at Radio City Music Hall in the Northern California city of San Carlos with Brian Schwartz and Mike Bazzel. Reigning Trainer of the Year Robert Garcia is slated to periodically check in from Oxnard, a five-hour drive south of the gym.

“I’ve really been focused on this camp more than I’ve ever focused, so there’s no excuses,” Donaire (31-1, 20 KOs) said.

True to his word, Donaire wakes up at 4:30 in the morning on conditioning days and has added pool workouts to his already demanding regimen, which partially consists of interval sprinting on the track and utilization of the hypoxic machine to simulate a high-altitude training environment.

Camp would not be complete without sparring, and in addition to local fighters like slick junior bantamweight Bruno Escalante, manager Cameron Dunkin is sending Donaire a few new lefties of various sizes to tangle with as well.

“It’s been excellent work,” Donaire said of the sessions so far. “These kids they brought me just keep coming, and I like that they don’t hold back.”
              [Click Here To Read More]
              I agree with Flash....still a 50-50 fight imo...can't wait!!!

Comment

I agree

He just needs to stop the haymaker counters

Comment

I am counting down the days until Rigondeaux schools this clown & frees the boxing public of this oversold, forced p4p.

13th April Cheerio Donaire!

Comment

You would be right Donaire.

Comment

Working...
                    X