• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but I laughed

Comment

Poor Sergio....

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Exactly! could not say it better myself. People do not realize how revealing it is when they say things like: "well heck if I had a ____ dollars I would just relax. When a person says that it means that they will not amount to much when compared to people who really put their best foot foward and keep trying to become better. Of course the flip side of that is the ego driven impulsiveness. But as James Baldwin once said "you have to go which way your blood beats." One thing is for sure...Martinez is prolly not counting his millions right now.
        Of course he's not and most fans don't understand. I was never an A level fighter, but I been around a lot of them and I can tell you that ego is an essential part of being a fighter.

It's not a bad thing, it can be but for most it's a part of what pushed them to be who they are. I think Martinez took this fight poorly because he trained hard, rehabbed the knee and did everything he was asked to do to get back into form and then was embarrassed.

Hard pill to swallow and I can understand for a great champion like him.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          This. Before the money and fame he was just Sergio Martinez, a poor kid from Argentina with aspirations to be a great competitor (athlete.)

Anyways, it sounds like he is having a hard time coping with the fact that he isn't the boxer he was a half a decade ago, which is understandable for a competitor of his nature. However, it didn't just happen over night, there has been tell tale signs for a couple years now..

I hope everything works out and he finds the courage to hang up the gloves, which isn't so easy after such a devistating defeat.

Sergio has nothing to be ashamed of and nothing left to prove.
          He was never that boxer even a decade ago. Knocking out PWill made his stock sky rocket. His career evolved around that.

Comment

Pobre cito bebé. Martinez is my favorite fighter and has been for years but its time to hang em up. Every time he fights its like a continuation of the 11th round of the Chavez fight.

Please dont kill ur legacy Maravilla. Father time is undefeated here in thi xxx world.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
              If I had his money and fame I think I could probably sleep pretty good at night...
              fighters have pride and dignity, if and when their pride gets hurt all the money in the world wont make a difference.

martinez should talk to williams, they both claim to be about as good friends as two people can be without speaking the same language. paul obviously took an equally or more devastating loss at the hands of martinez himself and has since then had an ever harder time outside the ring due to the injury.

seeing williams' spirit to overcome his accident and stay positive in the face of adversity should make him realize there are worse things in life than losing a boxing match and inspire him to move on.

Comment

and this is why Mayweather avoided Pacquiao. Imagine if he had lost, he'd probably be on suicide watch.

Of course with Sergio its different because he's not protecting an undefeated recorded yet he so desperately craved the respect and accolades deserving of his HOF credentials.

Comment

ain't nothing wrong with that, look at how a psychologist helped Froch

Comment

Originally posted by Szef
                    Take Pacquiao's dick out of your mo.....

Oh no, too late
                    Reported. Extremely innapropiate/vulgar.

Comment

Working...
                    X