Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch never mentions Kovalev or Stevenson..Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would he want that when he's on the cusp of retirement? Did it make sense for Ali to fight Holmes and Berbick? I'm not a Froch fan but I don't expect Carl to make stupid decisions at this point.

Comment

Froch typically doesn't even make 175 on fight night, and is at the end of his career. He might never fight again. Why on earth would he call out the 2 best LHWs?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Why does Froch have to mention any one at all? I'm tired of proven fighters who are at the tail end of their careers getting questioned as if they didn't already put in work years ago. Dude is like what, 38 now? His last 5 fighters faced were undefeated Ward, undefeated Bute, Mack(a break fight), Kessler, and undefeated Groves. He doesn't have to mention any one anymore. The 5 before that were Kessler, Dirrell, Abraham, Johnson, Taylor. What now he has to fight Stevenson or Kovalev to satisfy you? In his last 11 fights, one of them was against an obvious easy fighter which was Mack, that's about it.
        I agree with this completely

Comment

I'm gonna guess OP is GGG fanboy.

Comment

Because so many fanboys are claiming GGG is unstoppable and GGG said he'd fight up to 168. He'll fight a punching bag in chavez jr, but wont fight a person who will fight back. this is what happens when a fighter dominates a bunch of nobodies, people expect you to move up, this is the history of boxing. Look how far Floyd moved up and look how far Roy Jones Jr moved up. You GGG fans want floyd to move up and fight GGG but you dont ask GGG to move up and face a challenge, There was an article on this site yesterday regarding Ward mentioning the excuses he's heard from the GGG clan. His fans dont want him facing challenges, just everyone else in boxing. His fans are gonna create some people that Hate GGG. WHY watch a fight when you know he's fighting a janitor, thats gonna get knocked out and bring no challenge, we already saw that 5-2-15

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Why does Froch have to mention any one at all? I'm tired of proven fighters who are at the tail end of their careers getting questioned as if they didn't already put in work years ago. Dude is like what, 38 now? His last 5 fighters faced were undefeated Ward, undefeated Bute, Mack(a break fight), Kessler, and undefeated Groves. He doesn't have to mention any one anymore. The 5 before that were Kessler, Dirrell, Abraham, Johnson, Taylor. What now he has to fight Stevenson or Kovalev to satisfy you? In his last 11 fights, one of them was against an obvious easy fighter which was Mack, that's about it.
              Yeah I agree.

And let's not forget about the fact that Froch is a career long Super Middleweight (a small one) at the twilight of his career who has never fought at 175 or expressed a serious desire to do so.

Comment

Carl Froch walks around under the LHW limit. He's also set to retire.

Fairly simple.

Comment

He would have to put weight on in order to face those guys. Ward is the other top guy at 168, he's fighting at 172 in his next fight and you won't hear him mentioning Kovalev or Stevenson any time soon either.

In fact, i don't see many guys looking to jump up a division and face the best guys. GGG isn't looking to fight at 168 any time soon.
                  Cotto fights at catch-weights. Canelo isn't looking to jump up to 160, as he recently said. Kovalev and Steveson won't fight eachother..have pretty much cleaned out the LHW division, but aren't thinking about a trip to Cruiserweight.
                  It happens lees than we actually think.
                  Last edited by Chrismart; 06-14-2015, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    He would have to put weight on in order to face those guys. Ward is the other top guy at 168, he's fighting at 172 in his next fight and you won't hear him mentioning Kovalev or Stevenson any time soon either.

In fact, i don't see many guys looking to jump up a division and face the best guys. GGG isn't looking to fight at 168 any time soon.
                    Cotto fights at catch-weights. Canelo isn't looking to jump up to 160, as he recently said. Kovalev and Steveson won't fight eachother..have pretty much cleaned out the LHW division, but aren't thinking about a trip to Cruiserweight.
                    It happens lees than we actually think.

There was an article on here 2-3 days ago (boxingscene.com) where Ward and Kovalevs people were in talks about them fighting...So come again, Roy jones moved up from 154lb to fight a Heavyweight, so come again with those excuses for him to avoid Ward. Another supposedly humble guy, with excuses....where have i seen this movie before?

Comment

It's easier to have a great smaller fighter move up and fight you at your weight than it is to move up and fight a great fighter at his weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X