Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko's chin is underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe not a glass chin but it is definitely average at best.
    Also remember the HW division has big guys who can pack a punch. Get hit with the right punch anyone goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      Maybe not a glass chin but it is definitely average at best.
      Also remember the HW division has big guys who can pack a punch. Get hit with the right punch anyone goes down.

Comment

He doesn't have a great chin but it certainly isn't as bad as most make it out to be.

Brewster could punch, Sanders might be the hardest hitting southpaw ever he almost had Vitali gone he had serious power in that left hand even Purrity whilst a journeyman he was a big puncher with virtually all wins by K.O.

Comment

Vitali, Holyfield & Wach have the best chins I have seen on a HW..
          Wlad's chin is average but the difference between his KO losses early & now is that:
          1) Psychologically he is strong now & he has told it in the Klitschko movie that for him it was more of a mental block..
          2) Recovery from the KO(Sam Peter I) - this fight showed that even though he went down that did not deter him much, he was calm & got back up..
          3) Stamina issues - In Ross Purrity & in Brewster fight he gassed out so much so that he could not recover.. Make no mistake, he was winning that fight until the KOs & he couldn't conserve his energy for later rounds because he was throwing everything at his opponent..

Audley Harrison is the Amir Khan chin of HW division. Wlad is fine.. There are many average chin guys out there in Fury, Haye, AJ & hopefully Wilder..

Comment

Wladimir's glass chin will be on full display against AJ..

Comment

Haye is nowhere near the hardest p4p puncher in boxing.

Wlad got wobbled by a Pulev jab. Says it all.

Comment

Wlads chin is good if hes focused ,he was hit with a hard straight right also by Mariusz Wach that would have hurt most fighters . Wlad has never been knocked down without gassing out first besides Sanders really if i recall . Another fighter more or less caught him off balance where he just didnt maintain balance and over extended himself, Haye hit Wlad hard multiple times but Haye had to reach up so Wlad probably saw them coming otr anticipated them , I would say his chin isnt the issue but how he reacts to getting hit after USUALLY . He relied alot on smothering tactics after a clean punch landed ,it could also be where he gets hit?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Haye is nowhere near the hardest p4p puncher in boxing.

Wlad got wobbled by a Pulev jab. Says it all.
                  Not really. Vitali got stunned by a Lennox jab. Put enough into it and any shot can do some damage.

And Pulev's jab is his best punch by far. The only thing that's remotely impressive about him.

Comment

Ha! Haye is the hardest puncher in boxing...

Comment

Haye is the hardest puncher in the sport, he landed 10 flush right hands on Wlad and Vitali is one of the 5 hardest punchers in heavyweight history. Lucky this thread is here or else I wouldn't know any of that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X