Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duran lost biggest fights yet PFP great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Shane had a good LW career - he's a top 20 LW in my book. Duran is arguably #1 - Number of defenses doesn't matter. It's who you fought. He was the first to really beat ODLH and he gets probs for that, decent 147 career. But he's not top 50 ATG.

Next you'll tell me Sven Ottke is greater than Andre Ward.
    Who did Duran beat @135 how many hofers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandish View Post
      No way are they similar Duran at 135 has Buchanan and dejesus that's it,

Marvin had to defend against tommy hearns, john the beast mugabi, etc,

I mean seriously its ok to like Duran but he was not as good as Marvin hagler
      That's not true.

He has Lampkin, Viurt and Fernandez who were all top fighters and good fighters and Top ranked when Duran beat them.

That's aswell as DeJesus x2 and Buchanan who are both ATG Lightweights are arguably so at the very least.

Duran's LW resume is arguably as good as Hagler's entire career, to be honest.

I think you're clearly uneducated on the matter.

Comment

DeJesus and Buchanan are both HOF'ers.

Comment

Based on your criteria I'm surprised you don't gave PAC as number one ATG.

How many title defenses I'll tell you 6 that's it and to be considered up there you need to have a dominant resume IR exceptional skill set. PAC does not have either.
          I haven't even given criteria? What exactly makes Shane Mosley greater than Pacquiao? What makes Floyd #3 and Pacquiao between 70-80? That is so far fetched.

How many divisions did Floyd dominate?

Well I disagree.

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
          Buchanan and DeJesus?

Comment

• Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
            Nah, Mosley was top 75 at best, no way he can be compared to Duran, Shane's best win was against Oscar Delahoya, Durans best win was against Leonard.

Duran has the best win by light years.
            In a previous post Brandish stated that De la Hoya was an all time great, which I will not deny, yet refuses to accept Duran as an all time great.

His criteria for making his list as an all time great Is moving up In weight competition and number of titles. He has Mayweather ranked as the 3rd best fighter of all time yet Pacquiao didn't even make the list.

He made the criteria but It conveniently only applies to specific fighters.

Comment

I'll answer it there are no ATG he beat at 135 not one and to even mention Buchanan and dejesus as ATG shows how desperate the Duran fanatics are
              name one atg may beat at any weight. **** him and pac wont fight and even then a winn against the other means jack **** compared to leonard duran and such

Comment

• Why you guys still debating the guy when it's obvious he just has a racial thing going on? No point in talking logic to a guy like that. He'll believe what he wants to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                  name one atg may beat at any weight. **** him and pac wont fight and even then a winn against the other means jack **** compared to leonard duran and such
                  Oscar De La Hoya is normally listed in the top 30 ATG, when you google most credible ATG list.

Thats the only ATG I see on Mayweathers resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                    In a previous post Brandish stated that De la Hoya was an all time great, which I will not deny, yet refuses to accept Duran as an all time great.

His criteria for making his list as an all time great Is moving up In weight competition and number of titles. He has Mayweather ranked as the 3rd best fighter of all time yet Pacquiao didn't even make the list.

He made the criteria but It conveniently only applies to specific fighters.
                    Mayweather #3 and Pacquiao between 70-80.

Mosley top 50.

His list is all over the place

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Mayweather #3 and Pacquiao between 70-80.

Mosley top 50.

His list is all over the place
                      Very true, you are correct. The criteria only applies to certain fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X