No announcement yet.

Most annoying fanbase poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Many of us came to this forum to avoid them, but you can never truly be rid of them. The following is a poll for most annoying fans (not the fighters themselves) since the internet era, when we were exposed to the assorted fan manias:

Mike Tyson - his fans believe that his relatively brief prime is the standard for all other heavyweights to be measured by. They dismiss his crimes and transgressions dutifully. And many of them probably think that if Kevin Rooney trained him he'd become heavyweight champion NOW.

Oscar De La Hoya - hard for me to stay unbiased because he is my least favorite on this list. His fans consisted mostly of fangirls and guys who were kinda...um...soft. They bought into his phony "Golden Boy" persona and lost of interest in the sport as soon as he was retired.

Roy Jones Jr. - nobody doubts how truly stunning his skills were in his prime. But his hardcore fans always overlooked the many contenders he skipped by claiming that Roy would have beaten them anyway, so why bother to have the fight. They are still very protective of Roy's legend and get very defensive when challenged.

The Klitschko's - new fans believe that they are the beginning of the new era of super heavyweights, and that all who preceded them would be physically inferior and unable to compete. What gets dismissed is that their combined win list has no potential hall of famers, and that some of their losses were just plain embarrassing. And while no fault of theirs, the fanbase includes barely disguised racists who finally have a heavyweight to cling their agenda to.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. - another undisputable talent whose fans take hero worship to a new level. They actually care how much money he makes as if they were getting a percentage of it. Like with Jones, his missed opponents get dismissed as having no chance anyway, so why bother. Most annoying is there belligerent arrogance if you claim that Floyd would have struggled with any past greats.

Manny Pacquiao - everyone likes Manny, he is a good guy. Also a very gifted fighter, but his fans become hypersensitive over any perceived slight or insult. It is one thing to be compared to the top talent of his era, but quite another to be compared to Henry Armstrong. One more loss and you can expect their loyalty to fade very quickly.

had a good laugh at all of these.

Comment

Matthysse and Golovkin fans get pretty awful.

If have to say the most annoying ones are the pacquiao mob.

Mainly because of the obsessive hate they have for Mayweather. Its unescapable. Theyre like a group of scorned lovers.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Mike Tyson if i include everyone that really have no idea what they are talking about.

I always felt Pac had the most annoying fanbase out of the currently active fighters, but now sadly i have to say Floyd. Especially those that are nuthuggers of both Floyd and Broner at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          It is my belief that the wraps scandal isn't all it was perceived to be. I won't get into it on this thread, but I will say that there is no evidence that Margarito ever used loaded wraps in any fight he was ever in. It sickens me to hear babies like Kermit Cintron try and excuse their losses to him because of that.
          Oh Scott.....

I respect you more as a poster than 99% of the guys on this whole forum but this post saddens me!

Lets stick a pin in it.

PS. Cintron is a baby back *****

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Oh Scott.....

I respect you more as a poster than 99% of the guys on this whole forum but this post saddens me!

Lets stick a pin in it.

PS. Cintron is a baby back *****
            When I get a chance I'll send you a PM explaining my view. I actually once wrote an article about this.

Comment

From that list, Mayweather fans, followed by Jones and Tyson fans. Ricky Hatton fans annoyed me too, as his fights were so distracting to watch with the way crowds got, so much so that I liked it when Mayweather stopped him as that shut them up for a while.

Comment

Basically, anyone with an avatar of a fighter who keeps popping up in discussions about that fighter. Worthless posts guaranteed.

Comment

Great list by the way. I am a W. Klit fan but there fan base are for the most part thinly veiled racists and their new saviors are GGG and Matthysse.

It is funny how the Mayweather fans are so enthralled with how much money he makes even tho they usually don't have a pot to piss in themselves.

I am a Jones jr. fan but in no way am i under the impression that in his prime he was unbeatable.

I think the most annoying fans are Saint Pacman fans, the man can literally do no wrong and all the bad press about him is a conspiracy they will tell you about it ALL DAY, and yes one more loss for the Pac man and i think everyone is going to jump ship

And how most Tyson fans have no clue about anything related to boxing they have just seen his greatest hits on youtube about 10,000 times

Comment

George Foreman fans. They think he would have beaten Ali in a rematch soon after, and that he didn't even lose to Ali in a fair manner(corruption, so called cheating by Ali and even poisoning LOL) and that old Foreman would have beaten prime Tyson. Or that in his prime no other fighter could have ever outslugged him, as if he's some invincible demigod. I could go on but really, people really overdo his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      JCC SR during his prime had probably the most ridiculous fan base that's ever existed from my experiences.
                      We have a winner.

These and the Tyson fans.

I was and still am a big fan of Mike Tyson myself but the "Tyson was/is unbeatable" fans were very bad.

The 2009-2010 Pacquaio fans come close. They've died down massively now.

Mayweather fans can be unbearable and if he retires undefeated it's going to be unbearable, forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X