Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul "Take Punishment" williams is DONE...Career over..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Do you know Paul Williams personally??? It's a good thing that we have some internet neurologist wannabes here on BS who can tell us exactly what's going on with our favorite boxers, and what's best for them to do.
      Exactly... and whats up with all the negativity? He may very well not recover, but the way I read your thread it sounds like you're wishing it on him. Any man that wishes ill will on a person they don't know should seek help. Or possibly get a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
        Paul Williams Career was ended in Atlantic City when he fought Sergrio Martinez in their second meeting. Paul took a devasting blow to the dome that sent him head fist, kissing the canvas like he was in love. Fighters who get ko in that fashion are never the same, mentally or physically. Something gets loose in a mans head after getting ko like that. The slightest punch will put Williams on shaky legs. A fighter can probably thump Williams on the head and ko him after that blow he took. Although it sounds funny its a serious Matter. If I was Al Haymon i'd advise Paul to take sometime off from the sport to regroup and rest a while. And above all....STAY AWAY FROM MARTINEZ.

On a serious note Paul should retire because his brain will never recovcer fully from that blow. If he is stupid enough to come back, it shouldnt be in 2011 IMO....
        i hate how once a boxer gets KTFO he should retire.

how about get better defense?

Comment

He'll always be another k.o waiting to happen. I think he should stick around and let up and comers pound on him for recognition.

Comment

Hell no. Williams still has a very good future at 154 and if he can still make the weight, 147. Then later down the road, after he works on his defense a bit, he can move back up to MW. I think if he ever got with Steward, he'd be deadly, add some outside to go with his already stellar inside game.

The only guy he should be fighting at MW right now is Pavlik, because I still want to see it.

Comment

this might be a blessing in disguise for the punisher !!! maybe now some of the fighters that shamelessly ducked him over the last few yrs will be willing to face him !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
                You don't know Paul Williams

Many fighters who've gotten KO'd brutally have come back. It's up to them to decide what's best for them. I still think P.Will could beat most 154lbers, and most middleweights (maybe not martinez and pavlik) , but middleweight isn't his weight class

Best recent example - Khan who got taken out by Prescott in 1 minute. Prescott KO loss ---> Kotelnik ---> Malignaggi ---> Maidana

Stick to being a PED expert
                khan's ko by prescott wasn't nearly as bad as williams. i'm not saying willams can't make a comeback but that was a serious knockout and i agree that he will need to take a good amount of time off. he needs a new trainer and needs to use his size and reach.

Comment

shocking.

a mayweather fan thinks a top fighter should retired after a loss.

this is boxing.

everyone losses. sometimes by ko.

not everyone 147-160 is sergio martinez.

and in case you forgot , last time he had a loss he won the rematch decisively and he also had a competitive 1st fight to the guy who knocked him out.

pwill is fine. those fast 1 shot brutal ko's is actually better for you than going a tough 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                    Exactly... and whats up with all the negativity? He may very well not recover, but the way I read your thread it sounds like you're wishing it on him. Any man that wishes ill will on a person they don't know should seek help. Or possibly get a hobby.
                    How am I wishing ill will on Williams when im saying he shouldnt fight? I dont want to see the man hurt after taking a blow to his head like that. People dont recover from shots like that, so why play with your brain?? Wheres the ill will in that?? Wanting someone to get in the ring and get ko again is wishing ill will and thats what your doing..

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      shocking.

a mayweather fan thinks a top fighter should retired after a loss.

this is boxing.

everyone losses. sometimes by ko.

not everyone 147-160 is sergio martinez.

and in case you forgot , last time he had a loss he won the rematch decisively and he also had a competitive 1st fight to the guy who knocked him out.

pwill is fine. those fast 1 shot brutal ko's is actually better for you than going a tough 12 rounds.
                      We must not be talking about the same Paul Williams? The Paul that was winning the margarito fight until the 6th round and in my mind was a draw? Paul was getting his head pounded that fight. THen he fought carlos q and was getting chopped like a tree. Every punch he threw was hitting williams on the chin, i was shocked he didnt get ko. Yeah he came back with a one round ko, but that makes them 1 and 1 and he didnt rematch him because he knew he could get beat again. Paul lost the first fight with sergio martinez, the dude was getting clocked every round and looked dumb. Paul got a booger knocked out his nose so i know he lost. Then the rematch was even worst, he got cold clocked again and went face down ass up...I dont think a fighter should retire because of a lost...that mother ****er got KNOCKED THE **** OUT...sleep with his eyes open man...that wasnt cute...u just dont dust your shoulder off and come back from that..

Comment

Working...
                      X