No announcement yet.

Greater Accomplishment: Mayweather's 42-0 Or Chavez Sr's 89-0-1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    We're talking about "at the time" in their careers.

I'm kind of leaning on Chavez. I know he basically lost to Whitaker and Taylor, but Chavez was fighting every month or so against everyone.

I can see some making an argument for Mayweather regarding the weight classes, but I think it's close.

What do you say guys?
    No comparison, Chavez' record is far more impressive than Mayweahter's. Even ncluding the soft touches, he still made a quite a lot of good quality matchups. But Sugar ray Robison's record of 1 loss in 132 fights outweights all the others by a mile. It wasn't until he lost to Randolph Turpin, that he lost his second fight. Between the two losses he had 70 wins.

nd there are many other long winning streaks that I know of but need to look up for complete accuracy before posting. For examle the record for the most consecutive Heavyweight titke defence KO's was held for about 60-70 years-until a few yeard ago- by none other than the Little Giant from Hanover, Tommy Burns, 170 lbs dripping wet.

Comment

Floyd by a mile..

Chavez didn't even fight for a world title until his 43rd pro fight, Floyd has only 42 fights and in those 42 fights he attained legendary status already while Chavez at 43-0 was going for just his first world title, this shows you a MASSIVE difference in opposition here. Floyd fought for a world title against the late great Genaro "Chicanito" Hernandez at 18-0 and has been a world champion ever since and when he wasn't it was because he literally chose not to be in order to avoid sanctioning fees.

Chavez arguably lost a few of those build up fights to that record, he lost to Pea hands down that's no doubt about it, they robbed Pea against Oscar too. he lost to Taylor too them stopping that fight was complete and utter horse ****, Meldrick Taylor won that fight I don't care what anyone says and I'd tell Papa Chavez that to his face. Floyd only had 1 questionable win and it was followed threw with a doubt crushing immediate rematch where Floyd this time did everything right, everyone else he literally dominated. Chavez hasn't done that..

analyze the numbers and the accolades achieved in the numbers and you'll realize Floyd's numbers are greater in terms of accomplishments. Chavez lived out his amateur career in his early pro fights and built himself up to 43-0 fighting unranked or low ranked opponents, Floyd has been fighting the very best he could back to back since 19-0 and the best part about it is that it's still growing. he did what Chavez couldn't do his whole career in less fights than what it took Chavez to even fight for a world title.

I respect Chavez 100% but honestly Floyd's 42-0 TO ME is more impressive than Chavez's 89-0-1 because in less than half of Chavez's fights Mayweather has done more than Chavez has done in his whole career of over 100 fights. quality over quantity here..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        We're talking about "at the time" in their careers.

I'm kind of leaning on Chavez. I know he basically lost to Whitaker and Taylor, but Chavez was fighting every month or so against everyone.

I can see some making an argument for Mayweather regarding the weight classes, but I think it's close.

What do you say guys?
        no he didn't

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          not that he wasnt but floyd has better names on his, imo. the names i mentioned are what put him over the top imo. and ramirez was pretty washed when he fought him. sure he beat pea, but he didnt beat pea.
          what names? Shot gatti? Castillo with 4 KO losses? Never-was Corrales?

Oh wait, I got it. BALDOMIR.

Those guys are surely Camacho level.

****** please.

Comment

Floyd avoid the best fight like a plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
              what names? Shot gatti? Castillo with 4 KO losses? Never-was Corrales?

Oh wait, I got it. BALDOMIR.

Those guys are surely Camacho level.

****** please.
              dont address me with that ****. watch ur mouth

Comment

Even without all the Taxi drivers in Chavez's early days, Chavez's resume is much better than Mayweathers. Especially with all the fighters he fought at 130 and 135.

Comment

bump........

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    no he didn't
                    Sorry, Chavez lost 35:59 seconds of the 36:00 minute fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      Chavez Sr

Ramirez
                      Camacho
                      Rosario
                      Taylor
                      Laporte
                      ROGER MAYWEATHER
                      Lockridge

And others just to name a few.
                      Why is Roger Mayweather in capitals?