No announcement yet.

Quillin/Jacobs all but announced, Oscar going to try to get 3M budget, lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    It should be worth more than what was up for the Roc Nation or worth more than Quillin/Korobov the actual fight?

I agree with the latter.

Kind of a gamble since neither guy has headlined a card...think the highest either went was the co-feature... and that was Quillin
    It should be worth more in general, Roc Nation bid a lot though so it may not be worth more than what was paid but if Quillin-Korobov is worth X then Quillin-Jacobs is worth x+x*.35 would be my general thinking (random number).

All three guys are really no one special but Quillin and Jacobs have both been on premium cable a decent amount more than Korobov (who didn't exactly light the world on fire in his showcase), results have obviously been mixed for them but with both being New York guys it should be easier to get attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I'll get really good seats just so I can throw a beer at Peter and get kicked out Barclays.

I swear I will
      You won't record it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post

Two undercard fighters who've never defeated anyone relevant. I can't see how either guy will get 7 figures for this.
        There are suckers born every day. Showtime and Espinoza have been bending over to pick up the soap in front of Haymon and Oscar lately. They will keep buying until someone higher up starts looking at the checks and balances and pulls the plug.

HBO used to do the same thing, until someone pulled the plug on overspending.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          You won't record it tho.
          Beercules a G, he don't give a fuck

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
            Ehhh. Korbov could honestly be beat by either guy. They are all on the same level. There's really nothing better about the Korbov fight besides the Roc nation connection.
            There will always be bashers, and then the defenders, no matter what. He gave up his title and an easy fight for a decent pay?

Comment

Would I be surprised if Haymon managed 1.4 million for Quillin against Jacobs?

No. Showtime is his b*tch. Doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Would I be surprised if Haymon managed 1.4 million for Quillin against Jacobs?

No. Showtime is his b*tch. Doesn't make it right.
                Then the other guys will start spouting off that they deserve more and then people might start sitting out of fights because they're not getting paid what their worth....somebody did that this year... I think it's Garcia

Comment

Quillin-Jacobs for 3M lol, is that even a main event? *it's big in da barclays doe!* LMAO

ahhh jeez

Comment

Don't care about how much they get paid but I like the fight.

Comment

Lol at $3m for an undercard quality fight

Comment

Working...
                      X