Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara To Golovkin: I've Called You Out a Few Times, Let's Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    He said no word from GBP since they vacated. You have reason to doubt that, phony?
    Here you go, dummy.

Golovkin's Promoter: Canelo Talks Not Dead, Still Our Priority!

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins....Dk543bzz.dpuf

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Here you go, dummy.

Golovkin's Promoter: Canelo Talks Not Dead, Still Our Priority!

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins....Dk543bzz.dpuf
      Keep me posted on the outcome

Comment

Keep me posted on the outcome
        I will. Like I said, hopefully Team Golovkin doesn't blow the negotiations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I will. Like I said, hopefully Team Golovkin doesn't blow the negotiations.
          You should really explain what you mean by that since the only acceptable outcome on the other side involves 3 interim bouts at least

Comment

• Lara's ball set is definitely a treasure to behold. He possesses fortitude, valor, courage, honor, bravery and character; All the things that the typical fighter lacks today. Especially given his lack of punching power and low punch volume. He is truly a throwback fighter in every sense of the word.

Comment

You said it, Canelo was forced to vacate and is now boxings #1 joke. Done deal.

But wait, there's more. Canelo is heavier than Ggg fight night, Ward has 10-15lbs on Ggg. Also Ggg is the biggest fight for Canelo, biggest fight in the sport. Ward OTOH was coming off 300k viewers on Bet.
              And now GGG is coming off 300K viewers on HBO PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                Who just ducked the best fighter in the division and the higher P4P ranked fighter hmmm something doesn't add up here?
                Maybe If Canelo didn't drop his title like a coward but we both know what happened.

Canelo is a much bigger attraction than Golovkin.

Team Bull**** lied to their 97,000 fans, and yet those fans didn't care.

So why would Canelo's ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  And now GGG is coming off 300K viewers on HBO PPV.
                  This is even more confused than usual. Try again?

Comment

This is even more confused than usual. Try again?
                    GGG is hurting without Canelo, much more than Canelo is hurting without GGG. Ward is no big draw either, but his mega-fight is coming with Kovalev. Where does GGG get his mega-fight? This is why I think it's in GGG best interest to accept a catch-weight, maybe 157, and fight Canelo. The only way Canelo can forced to fight GGG is if fans (600,000 for Khan) stop paying for his fights:

May 24, 2016:
                    Frank Lotierzo

In case you've missed it, with the absence of Floyd Mayweather from the current boxing scene, Canelo is the biggest draw in the sport. What constitutes a fighter being a big draw? Well, it's a simple deduction - said fighter announces who he's fighting and then the receipts are tabulated. Canelo fought a junior welterweight in his last bout as a heavy favorite and the fight was a moderate success financially, and that was despite the fact that there wasn't a single boxing observer who knew anything worth knowing about ring combat who gave Khan a snowball’s chance to win. Opposed to Golovkin, whose only PPV bout as the headliner against a legitimate and hard punching opponent in David Lemieux, ended up being a financial disaster, registering roughly 150,000 buys. That's fascinating! Fans and writers praise Golovkin as being the next great must-see fighter, yet they didn't turn out to see him fight a real opponent when they had to pay for it. And that's the reason why I'm tired of hearing writers and fans cry like a baby because Alvarez is ducking Golovkin.

Every time Golovkin and Alvarez fight from this point on, both will be asked when they're going to face the other after the bout. In the interim most fans and pundits will praise GGG for being the man and they'll ridicule Alvarez for being a coward and more businessman than fighter. And while doing that they'll continue to pay to watch Alvarez, who really should fight Golovkin while the fight remains hot, because he could easily be upset by some of the up and coming junior middleweights nipping at his heels, all the while they'll be watching Golovkin on HBO...

I get it; hardcore boxing fans want to see the best fight the best. We shouldn't have to beg and plead with these guys in order for them to fight the opponents we most want to see them touch gloves with. If that applies to you, here's an unsolicited suggestion...Don't buy another Alvarez bout until he fights Golovkin! If you stand your ground Alvarez will have no choice but to fight him. What do you think would happen if Alvarez fought one of the Charlo brothers in his next bout and it only did 90,000 buys? I'll tell you what would happen - Oscar De La Hoya would be flying out to meet with Tom Loeffler trying to make the match.

Sadly fans have a short memory. For six years the media and the fans tried to badger and embarrass Mayweather into fighting Pacquiao and it didn't work. After Mayweather made his comeback against Juan Manuel Marquez, a bout between him and Pacquiao was an instant blockbuster. Yet Floyd milked the public for seven more bouts and probably close to $150 million dollars before he finally agreed to fight Pacquiao. And the reason for that was simple, the fans finally got tired of being gouged and ripped off and basically revolted against him fighting anybody else but Pacquiao. The only sad part about that was, it took them paying for seven bouts in which there was never a doubt about the outcome before they finally caught on.

Alvarez doesn't have the cachet and following that Mayweather did, but he's the biggest draw today and can pocket millions for fighting anybody he wants because there's a core constituent of fans who will pay for his bouts regardless of the opponent. So don't blame Canelo for trying to push back a bout with the fighter who is the biggest threat to beat him. By waiting it out, Golovkin ages and Alvarez accumulates more money if fans continue to buy his future bouts. That's smart on Alvarez's part and if he can continue to get over like Floyd did, why would he stop?

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...thing-about-it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      GGG is hurting without Canelo, much more than Canelo is hurting without GGG. Ward is no big draw either, but his mega-fight is coming with Kovalev. Where does GGG get his mega-fight? This is why I think it's in GGG best interest to accept a catch-weight, maybe 157, and fight Canelo. The only way Canelo can forced to fight GGG is if fans (600,000 for Khan) stop paying for his fights:

How can you make this statement? You have no idea how the backlash is going to affect Canelo's popularity. I had a lot of casual friends who were excited about Canelo-GGG, and they all refer to Canelo as a coward now. I intend to boycott Canelo until he fights GGG, and i assume the real boxing fans in this forum are going to as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X