Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is exactly why Arum is a cancer and needs to retire!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is exactly why Arum is a cancer and needs to retire!

"90% of fans don't care about the undercard"

Like seriously how moronic can you be? I highly doubt hell I GURANTEE 90% OF CASUAL FANS make Oscar-Floyd, Floyd-Canelo the 2 most watched PPV events ever. You know why? WE make this sport, the hardcores. We make the stars by word of mouth. You think Floyd and Canelo came out of nowhere and made such a big event because casuals casually stumbled upon their recent fights?

We told our friends these were big must see fights. To say he doesn't stack his cards because apparently we dont matter is a slap in the face to all of us on here. I believe why Floyd dumped him and why he won't make a PAC fight with Arum. And I'm not even a big Floyd fan. In fact I'd like PAC to go down in a blaze of glory knocking him out in my dream scenario.

Arum is such an idiot. Especially in a sport where most casual fans would struggle to name 5 current fighters. Screw him. This way of thinking is why he has to go. He's completely lost touch with the time. He doesn't care about fighters or building superstars with exposure. Its all about hyping up your current stars in overmatched easy fights to "marinate" until they lose and then "cash out" against younger fighters. That's how he builds stars.

F him. -end rant-

He's right, though. Undercards don't sell PPVs. They help with the hardcore crowd, but we aren't the ones who drive PPVs above a million and into the stratosphere like Mayweather vs. Oscar/Alvarez. Casuals are. Casuals drive every sport.

Comment

The sooner this old fart leaves boxing the better.

Comment

Bojangles is 100% right. It's the sad truth.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He's right, though. Undercards don't sell PPVs. They help with the hardcore crowd, but we aren't the ones who drive PPVs above a million and into the stratosphere like Mayweather vs. Oscar/Alvarez. Casuals are. Casuals drive every sport.
          I wish once in a while he'd stack... but the closest we get to stacking is a good/decent main followed by a name in a mismatch

Comment

He's right on the casuals being the driving force, but good undercards can help.
            Helped showtime because their undercards can be deserving of their own main events sometimes

Comment

two things, nate.

for starters, the quote concerns the ppv undercard, which is an important distinction.

secondly, arum is right.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                He's right on the casuals being the driving force, but good undercards can help.
                Helped showtime because their undercards can be deserving of their own main events sometimes

the big difference between old showtime and new showtime in terms of their ppv relevance is floyd mayweather. they had very little ppv in the recent past prior to their signing floyd mayweather.

undercards may help in certain situations [mexican undercard fighters on mexican holidays,] but they don't drive the ppv sale.

i think arum is spot on when he says that 90% of the people watching a ppv don't care for the undercard.

Comment

Yeah, Bob is right.

Comment

How moronic can ts be when Bob is absolutely correct?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X