No announcement yet.

Fantasy Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
    if chuck landed some of the stuff gus did it would be night night for jones, with that said i think jones would win 70% percent of the time just cause he is so awesome
    This is what in my mind when I created the thread. Jones isn't unhittable.

Originally posted by ScrewasideMMA View Post
    The game is further advanced now. Bones is too well rounded for Chuck's single faceted attack...
    I agree, that why I cannot say that Chuck is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
      This is what in my mind when I created the thread. Jones isn't unhittable.

I agree, that why I cannot say that Chuck is overrated.
      For everyone who thinks Liddell could out strike Jones, just watch the Jardine fight. Liddell is an amateur striker even by MMA standards. He just out struck ground fighters his whole career. All the real strikers he faced ko'd his ass. Jones would out strike Liddell EASY.

Like its been said in this thread, Liddell was grossly overrated.

Comment

By who? Not by fans in the know. He was usually considered one of the hardest hitters but never one of the best technical strikers. And he wasn't always one dimensional. He used his wrestling earlier in his career and opted to sprawl and brawl more later on. That being said, I still pick Jones, but just don't see being as easy as most people seem to think. Jones wins on the reach advantage though. Liddell's only hope would be to get close and land his right hand or catch Jones coming in, which Chuck was known for.

Comment

Liddell was all about reflexes and timing, Jones is all about reach. I see reach taking it. I think Jones gets in enough shots, takes him down and beats him up to a decision.

Comment

Sonnen vs Weidman

How do you think the fight goes if Chael fights Weidman?

Comment

How do you think the fight goes if Chael fights Weidman?
              Weidman by ko.

Comment

Liddell wins easily.

His world class striking and underrated ground game would be too much for Jones and his elbows to handle.

Comment

Luke Rockhold vs Cris Weidman

Luke Rockhold vs Cris Weidman, how do you see the fight going?

Comment

Luke Rockhold vs Cris Weidman, how do you see the fight going?
                    ^^^^Bumping^^^^

Comment

I'd take Weidman just because of how he handled Machida who is much more elusive then Rockhold. Luke will be a tough fight but I think Weidman eventually makes him crack.

Comment

Working...
                      X