Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain how Foremans uppercut would have been effective on mike tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
    again people often compare tyson and fraziers style but frazier bob and weave were just for the sake of doing so while there was a whole science and skill to mikes version of it. Also look how slow frazier is moving and his hand placement when he drops his head. Its just slow up and down head movement with his hands poorly positioned.
    Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    Just for the sake of doing it and slow? I'd suggest you watch more Joe Frazier fights.
    Thank God somebody said something before I did. I may not have been as diplomatic and polite about it. There may not have ever been a better fighter than Frazier at nemployong the bob and weave style of fighting.....at any weight.

Comment

George FOreman is not Buster Dpuglas

Comment

Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
        Not saying it would, but every time the fantasy fight gets brought up people say that while George is a slow slugger and mike can get inside that george would tie him up or use his uppercut to break him down. The reason I disagree is because the reason Tyson was able to get inside was because of great head movement and staying low while doing so. Look at his hands in this video and how they are always ready for the uppercut if his opponent uses it. No way that a focus Tyson would get uppercutted to death by George Foreman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yBhZcUVKOE
        come on man. frazier had great head movement and would get low but foreman had no problem connecting with the uppercuts and he wouldnt have any trouble landing them on tyson. the question is would tyson get up 5 times like frazier did. he'd likely either quit or get himself disqualifed after the first kd (if he got up). tyson even ducked an ancient foreman which shows he sure as hell wouldnt have had much confidence going against a prime george

Comment

Working...
        X