No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: A Career Re-Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post

I didn't say Rahman wasn't polaxed by Lewis.

They share one polax each over each other

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Sounds good to me. I don't think many people here rank him much higher than that. Not ahead of people like Louis, Ali, Holyfield, probably even Dempsey or Foreman.
      They do though that's the thing

Comment

• That was beautiful, that right. Love how his head lands almost exactly on the O of Don.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          They do though that's the thing
          Not the posters I've seen here. At least not those whose judgement and assessments I trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I didn't say Rahman wasn't polaxed by Lewis.

They share one polax each over each other
            'Those guys were hardly polaxed' I'm assuming meant both McCall and Rahman. Regardless people remember the KO of the rematch far more than that fateful day in Africa. "Shades of Oliver McCall!" as Lampley beautifully put it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
              'Those guys were hardly polaxed' I'm assuming meant both McCall and Rahman. Regardless people remember the KO of the rematch far more than that fateful day in Africa. "Shades of Oliver McCall!" as Lampley beautifully put it.
              No I wasn't. Why would I be talking about them?

I'm responding to the post "Louis was polaxed by Schmeling and Ali was polaxed by Cooper"

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Sounds good to me. I don't think many people here rank him much higher than that. Not ahead of people like Louis, Ali, Holyfield, probably even Dempsey or Foreman.
                On actual video ,not who he didnt fight ,who he lost to ,or coulve fought but based on skills alone and how he was difficult to fight when prepared i dont see how hes not in top 5 , i actually have him in top 3,behind Tyson and Vitali using H2H ,and i have him right along Ali as the greatest HW he dominated his era as ALI did with some loses ,i think Lewis has a better resume than Ali ,and i may put Wlad over him depending?
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-02-2015, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  On actual video ,not who he didnt fight ,who he lost to ,or coulve fought but based on skills alone and how he was difficult to fight when prepared i dont see how hes not in top 5 , i actually have him in top 3,behind Tyson and Vitali using H2H ,and i have him right along Ali as the greatest HW he dominated his era as ALI did with some loses ,i think Lewis has a better resume than Ali ,and i may put Wlad over him depending?
                  You obviously do not read other members comments on this thread, otherwise you could not make claim "Lewis dominated his era". What era are you talking about?... 1999-2003? were Lewis fought Grant, Botha, Rahman x2, Tyson & Vitali?... Or are you talking 1992-99 were Lewis by his own admission avoided fighting: Holmes, Bowe x2, Sanders, Moorer, Tyson 96, Ruiz & Byrd ?

Lewis Top 3 or Top 5 is laughable, so is this H2H thing.

Holmes vs Lewis H2H over 10 fights 10-0 Holmes
                  Tyson vs Lewis H2H 10-0 Tyson (all by KO)
                  Ali vs Lewis H2H 10-0 Ali
                  Louis vs Lewis H2H 10-0 Louis
                  Holyfield v Lewis H2H 9-1 Holyfield
                  Frazier vs Lewis H2H 8-2 Frazier
                  Wlad vs Lewis H2H 7-3 Wlad
                  Vitali vs Lewis H2H 8-2 Vitali
                  Dempsey vs Lewis H2H 10-0 Dempsey (all by KO)
                  Liston vs Lewis H2H 10-0 Liston (all by KO)
                  Johnson vs Lewis H2H 10-0 Johnson
                  Carnera vs Lewis H2H 5-5
                  Bear vs Lewis H2H 5-5
                  Bruno vs Lewis H2H 5-5
                  Douglas vs Lewis H2H 7-3 Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Foreman is nothing but a bull sitter.. Foreman is envious of Muhammad Ali and will say anything to rubbish Ali being labeled the greatest.
                    That's sweet but I still trust GeorgeForeman's opinion over yours. He has a unique perspective that no one else has having fought in both eras. (70s & 90s)He knows exactly how hard it is to come back from a loss, and what Lennox had to go through mentally to climb back into the ring to face Rahman and McCall.

As for having an Ali grudge, maybe so, but why crown Lennox the best(let's say 2nd best)? And not Tyson, Holyfield klitschko or jack johnson? Him and Lennox aren't exactly friends

I trust Foremans judgement as objective save for his opinion on Ali/Holmes) Foreman sat ringside for Lennox fights as well as fought common opponents, he is a top 5 Heavyweight himself, smart, with all his faculties in tact. His praise is the highest anyone can ask for. You and iron dan matter very little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      That's sweet but I still trust GeorgeForeman's opinion over yours. He has a unique perspective that no one else has having fought in both eras. (70s & 90s)He knows exactly how hard it is to come back from a loss, and what Lennox had to go through mentally to climb back into the ring to face Rahman and McCall.

As for having an Ali grudge, maybe so, but why crown Lennox the best(let's say 2nd best)? And not Tyson, Holyfield klitschko or jack johnson? Him and Lennox aren't exactly friends

I trust Foremans judgement as objective save for his opinion on Ali/Holmes) Foreman sat ringside for Lennox fights as well as fought common opponents, he is a top 5 Heavyweight himself, smart, with all his faculties in tact. His praise is the highest anyone can ask for. You and iron dan matter very little.
                      Foreman is a bull****er. I bought his book, "By George" i started reading and after 3 chapters i thought, `This guy is nothing but a bull****er`. So i through the book into a drawer. A couple of weeks later i met an old friend who i know, enjoyes boxing. I mentioned the Foreman book and told him i would give it to him to read. I dropped off the book and only a week later i met him again in the local store. He told me, "I never got far with that book, Foreman is nothing but a Bull****er"... i agreed and told him to bin the book.

Foreman and his opinion are meaningless. I would bet my right arm IronDan and myself would lose Foreman on knowledge of Boxing History. But it is up to you Joey, You are engaging yourself here in a debate based on factual evidence. You have not posted any evidence to disprove what i have claimed or what IronDan has claimed, about how Lewis career unfolded. We are not here to tell lies, we are debating to find out the truth, of how Lewis career unfolded. If you have evidence to prove Lewis is the equivelent of Muhammad Ali, then please post it up on the forum.

You post a video of George Foreman making claims Lewis is the greatest ever. That is Foremans opinion, he is entitled to his opinion. Do i go along with his opinion. NO, because my opinion is different to Foremans opinion. So we differ.

I posted up a video of Riddick Bowe claiming how Lewis avoided him. Do you believe Bowe?...

Comment

Working...
                      X