Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Jones beat Ruiz, you think he coulda beat Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
    Jones Jr wanted to fight Tyson. He said it himself.

Back to your question. Lewis would disrupt Jones' speed advantage by his jab. I don't see how Lewis could lose this.
    Jones has said a lot of things, he wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds in there with even a shot Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
      I heard they were in negotiationsafter that fight. If it did go down you think Roy's speed could have messed Lewis up? Hell why didnt they do Jones - Tyson lol that woulda been cool
      no ****in way.. jones wouldve been murdered

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
        Jones has said a lot of things, he wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds in there with even a shot Tyson.
        Yes, yes he did. I'm just saying Jones was talking about it as the TS didn't seem to know that an actual fight was in the talks (in Jones' corner that is).

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
          I heard they were in negotiationsafter that fight. If it did go down you think Roy's speed could have messed Lewis up? Hell why didnt they do Jones - Tyson lol that woulda been cool

I dunno if you were a fight fan back then but i suspect not. Roy never wanted to fight Lewis, he knew he was waaay to big. Lewis also never wanted to fight Roy as it was pointless.And there was never any real talk of the match up anyway.Roy moved up to create history, he never moved up to compete with someone of Lewis size. But Roy did fancy his chances with a Tyson fight, that would have been great to see.
          Last edited by stefjonno1; 08-15-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

heavyweight, and lets be honest here. The reason Byrd never fought Lewis is the same reason Roy didn't. They were both too small to beat him.
            Yeah, I'm sure it was because he thought he'd lose, right?
            I'm telling you something which you obviously didnt know and your response is .......sarcasm?

Lewis decided to hand in his belt rather than face a court ruling to meet Chris Byrd who despite being the mandatory challenger, did not rate highly on the earning or entertainment scales.

HBO, apparently, did not see the Byrd fight as a big enough attraction, a fact Lewis referred to when he described the prospect of meeting the American as "not attractive enough" in the statement he released explaining his decision to give up the IBF title.
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/303...n-rematch.html
            Last edited by Toney616; 08-15-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Jim Lampley thinks Lennox Lewis would've had a hard time against Roy...
              Around 3:45

Comment

I don't think so. The closest thing to a decent HW he could've taken out at that point is Byrd. Those guys are just too big. I remember Tua was offered a fight, but his legal trouble screwed up that fight...Just imagine what would have happened if Tua landed a left hook...

Comment

Jones would not have accepted a fight against either Lewis or Tyson at that time , nor even against Vassily Jirov , why go as far as Lewis and Tyson ?
                  Fact is he returned to 175 , despite having to lose hardly gained muscle in order to do so.

Comment

Working...
                  X