No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin should be in the top ten P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Yes. He's been avoided by Sturm, Quillan, Martinez, and Geale.
    Intresting bump...GGGs still not there quite yet for me...just outside probably - I think he belongs there but without an elite, or at least high quality win he ain't quite there yet.

Geale would do it, Sturm, Maravilla (hell maybe even Kid U-C).

Comment

Based on a Macklin KO? No way. He has potential to be up there but don't rush him into any p4p list yet.

Comment

I really like Triple G, but I just feel there aren't enough good names on his resume to warrant a P4P ranking. I'm not saying that's his fault, but he needs to face better opposition before he could be considered P4P.

Comment

The only top ten contender Golovkin has faced was Macklin and Macklin lost his 2 of his previous 3 fights. One by stoppage to Martinez. Golovkin is impressive but shouldn't be ranked as long as he is untested against world class opponents.

Comment

Not top 10 until he has wins over the best.

Could well be the new Jeff Lacy.

GGG has potential at the moment but has proved nothing yet, time will tell.

Comment

The poll shows the state of boxing and how fans have really dumbed down. Get excited for just about any fighter racking up KO's not matter the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Growth View Post
                The only top ten contender Golovkin has faced was Macklin and Macklin lost his 2 of his previous 3 fights. One by stoppage to Martinez. Golovkin is impressive but shouldn't be ranked as long as he is untested against world class opponents.
                He fought a couple of other top 10 contenders. Stevens was #9, Proksa was in the top 10 as well. GGG has yet to fight a top 5 guy though and Proksa was beaten by Kerry Hope and Sergio Mora.

Comment

True, good thread Freedom.

I remember people were saying Macklin and Steven's were going to beat up Triple G. Boy were they wrong

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                    Who do you rate higher, Broner or GGG?

You are always very active in GGG threads, so im keen to hear your reply on this one. thanks
                    Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    rate higher as in what? neither are p4p broner has the much better resume. golovkin seems much more polished but he is also a lot older so broner certainly has more potential.

Comment

Current Ring Magazine P4P top ten.
                      1. Floyd Mayweather
                      2. Andre Ward
                      3. Tim Bradley
                      4. Wladimir Klitschko
                      5. Sergio Martinez
                      6. J.M. Marquez
                      7. Manny Pacquiao
                      8. Guillermo Rigondeaux
                      9. Saul Alvarez
                      10. Carl Froch

Just outside the top 10 should be Danny Garcia, Gennady Golovkin, Adonis Stevenson and Roman Gonzalez and I would have had Yuriokis Gamboa on this list but due to inactivity I didn't include Gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                      X