Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Cuban AMATURE background doesn't transcend well to the PROS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i don't think that's true at all.

gamboa is already past his physical peak. you guys get that, right? he was in his prime as an amateur.

his prime was at 126 and 130. if he had moved out of the amatuers at 18 or 20 years old, he'd have transitioned just fine.

it's not that the styles don't transition. it's that these guys get to teh states having fought much of their primes as amateurs.

while most guys turn pro young, and learn a pro style young, these guys stay amateurs into their adult lives.

i also want to add that rigondeaux is one of the two best fighters on the planet. it's between him and andre ward. floyd looked old against maidana. very old.

does rigondeaux's style hold him abck as a pro? no. he WHOOPED donaire, a top p4p fighter. it's just not going to sell tickets.
    Don't burn them too badly with that ether.

Comment

Topic backfires on op.

How can u say the Cuban style doesnt translate to the pros when so few Cubans even
      Make it to the pros and they all end up at the top level. It clearly translates well. Gamboa just reached too far, not everybody is pacquiao.

Comment

I'd be interested to see out of every country in the world, which one has the highest percentage of its pro boxers that eventually become world champions.

Comment

This alt isn't even funny, just annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
            Four round fighters. No endurance. Smh. Even when you win you're kissing the canvas (Rigondeaux vs Donaire.)

Tell me I'm wrong
            Yep, you guessed it: you are wrong. At least you were right in knowing that you are wrong, which is more than I expected.

Comment

I think Rigo would tell you that you are wrong. I just think they come from excellent BOXING pedigree and sometimes, their lack of engaging is what can hurt them. Although Gamboa isn't cut from the same cloth as the rest. He loves to fight. I can't say the same for Rigo or a guy like Casamayor.

Comment

Working...
              X