No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker-Solomon Haumono in Talks For Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    Parker and Joshua aren't fighting tomorrow. It's 6 months before they fight, minimum.

As per Eddie Hearn, AJ is scheduled to fight next in September and that's 4 months away.. Considering Parker takes a few weeks break he should be left with roughly 3.5 months or 15 weeks give or take.. Even if this is a stay busy fight its of no learning for Parker as The guy he is facing is levels below the recent opponent.

Comment

Is this joseph parker or david haye. What a letdown. All that kudos he earned by fighting takam is gone in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        Just put an end to the farce that is Joseph parker already
        Huh? The fu...He's 24 years old, a very young, inexperienced prospect who is still testing the waters, learning his craft and getting much needed experience. Unlike some other fighters out there today, he's not claiming a championship title without having fought anyone in the top five or ten.

Funnily enough, for such a young contender who lays no claim to any title and still considers himself a work in progress, he's beaten a better fighter than some of the other 'world champions' out there today. Who's the farce here?
        Last edited by BennyST; 05-23-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Anyway, **** fight, but it hasnt been made yet, so there's still hope. What Parker really needs is to keep up with the progress he's been making. They don't need to rush him at all. Spend another two years taking good test fights that'll keep building his experience and keep testing him, showing him new styles and new looks, get him in there with some experienced vets that can make him learn and earn it.

He's got a lot of really good qualities, but he also has some holes that really need to be fixed before they come back to haunt him, which they will. He's got enough time to spend fixing them and taking fights that'll iron things out. Really doesn't need to rush into title shots and big name fights already. Take another two years, six fights, against veteran contenders and it'll show when he then goes for his title shot and actually stays a champion long term.

Comment

It is pretty obvious many here have no idea how the business side of the sport works. Anyone heard of Corrie Sanders, Michael Bentt & Jesse Ferguson? Those are 3 guys that derailed massive titles fights & cost the losers millions. They were tune up fights. Klitschko was on the radar for Lennox Lewis & he lost so that ended that. Michael Bentt upset Tommy Morrison & he lost 6 million as that was his purse for his upcoming title fight. Jesse Ferguson beat Ray Mercer & it cost him millions & his title fight against Riddick Bowe. Promoters & trainers rarely risk their fighters when they have a title shot in line. He has to stay busy until at least November or possibly early 2017. With only 19 pro fights he needs to stay busy. Haumono could bring in a nice paycheck in NZLD & it wouldn't surprise me if he fought someone like Fujimoto as well. Until he gets Joshua he will be fighting C level guys at best. I give Povetkin some credit as he took on Wach while waiting but his team asked for an extension on the mandatory fight which we all can assume why with recent events unfolding. Parker isn't fighting another contender until he gets his shot.
            Last edited by joe strong; 05-23-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              It is pretty obvious many here have no idea how the business side of the sport works. Anyone heard of Corrie Sanders, Michael Bentt & Jesse Ferguson? Those are 3 guys that derailed massive titles fights & cost the losers millions. They were tune up fights. Klitschko was on the radar for Lennox Lewis & he lost so that ended that. Michael Bentt upset Tommy Morrison & he lost 6 million as that was his purse for his upcoming title fight. Jesse Ferguson beat Ray Mercer & it cost him millions & his title fight against Riddick Bowe. Promoters & trainers rarely risk their fighters when they have a title shot in line. He has to stay busy until at least November or possibly early 2017. With only 19 pro fights he needs to stay busy. Haumono could bring in a nice paycheck in NZLD & it wouldn't surprise me if he fought someone like Fujimoto as well. Until he gets Joshua he will be fighting C level guys at best. I give Povetkin some credit as he took on Wach while waiting but his team asked for an extension on the mandatory fight which we all can assume why with recent events unfolding. Parker isn't fighting another contender until he gets his shot.
              Thread /closed

Comment

Yep, whether or not we like it as fans this is just how it is and it's the smart play. Make some nice change with a big local fight, stay busy and gain more experience while not having to face a real threat, although I will say Haumono has some power but little else. So while I may not be exuberant at the thought of Parker/Haumono at this stage, I get it and can't fault them for playing it safe with Joshua waiting in the wings.

I'm confused though what the situation is with Pulev. I thought his fight with Chisora was an eliminator? I assumed Pulev/Chisora and Parker/Takam were semifinals with the winners fighting each other, but I guess Parker is the mando currently and Pulev is set up to be the mandatory for the Joshua/Parker winner?

Comment

The most recent business blunder I forgot to mention & Parker's trainer KEVIN BARRY would know all about was David Tua's 2nd fight with Monte Barrett. Barry was Tua's trainer for along time until they had a bitter split. Tua was the WBO Asian pacific & Oriental champion which gave him a top 10 WBO ranking. After the 1st Barrett fight Tua demanded his promoter get him a rematch so he could prove the draw was not a bad decision. Most had Barrett winning on the scorecards. Cedric Kushner had all but lined up a title fight with Vitali Klitschko (No official papers signed) but Tua said he wanted the Barrett rematch. Kushner tried to talk Tua out of it but he wouldn't have it. It didn't work out too well for Tua when he lost to Barrett. If he was going to lose it made more sense financially losing to Klitschko then it did to Barrett...They are handling Parker very well in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Yep, whether or not we like it as fans this is just how it is and it's the smart play. Make some nice change with a big local fight, stay busy and gain more experience while not having to face a real threat, although I will say Haumono has some power but little else. So while I may not be exuberant at the thought of Parker/Haumono at this stage, I get it and can't fault them for playing it safe with Joshua waiting in the wings.

I'm confused though what the situation is with Pulev. I thought his fight with Chisora was an eliminator? I assumed Pulev/Chisora and Parker/Takam were semifinals with the winners fighting each other, but I guess Parker is the mando currently and Pulev is set up to be the mandatory for the Joshua/Parker winner?
                    Parker/Takam was a final eliminator (although Boxnation said other in the fight which was wrong). Pulev will face the winner of another eliminator which I've heard will involve Andy Ruiz but I'm not sure who against. Ruiz could get the Wilder shot. The guys behind Ruiz ar Martin, duhaupas, haye, Molina, breazeale (Next shot), Hughie Fury, Jarrell Miller. Cut out Breazeale & Haye. That leaves Martin, Duhaupas, Molina, Miller & Hughie Fury to fight Ruiz...The usual names will start popping up in eliminators like it always has...

Comment

Every time I see Haumono's name I think of this...

Comment

Working...
                      X