Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Price vs. Tony Thompson II RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Price takes this. Despite what happened in the last fight Price still has some talent and Thompson is still 40+. Price fought just about the dumbest fight he could fight in there and i dont think he does that again.

Obviously Price's chin was proven to not be great so when it comes to bet i will be covering with Thompson KO if i can!

Comment

Price should be able to beat him

Comment

My money would be on TT

Price has a punchers chance, TT is however way more skilled

All TT has to do is just sit back and let Price drop his hands and hit him with a gentle tap, cuz that's all it will take to knock out Price

Price will be very cautious, which can be good and bad, not sure how that KO would have done to him, on the flipside TT might try to blast Price out of there, which would be a mistake.

He should do what he did last time and take his time
        Last edited by FrankieBruno; 03-31-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I'll go with Price but Thompson can KO him at any time.

Comment

Thompson is a smart, cagy veteran who has been consistently avoided most of his career by both other fighters & the US press. HBO in particular used to be almost desperate in their avoidance of mentioning him every time they were trying to build up the 'next great American champion', in order to avoid any pressure being put on them to make a fight with him.
            Now he finally gets a highly touted 'next big thing' because everyone thought he was shot.
            Ooops!

I'm actually a big fan of Price myself & still think he's one of the best prospects out there, but taking an immediate rematch with Thompson is a very bad mistake in my view - too smart, too experienced, & he still has a point to prove.
            Think it goes into the late rounds this time with some good spells for Price, but Thompson stops him again.

The hopefully Tony gets Tyson Fury, who I think Tony will embarrass badly.

Comment

Thompson should stop him.

But I have a feeling Price somehow wins it this time.

Well, voted for thompson anyway

Comment

Price needs a new game plan or he's getting KO'd again. He needs to fight with more patience and confidence, above all, question remains if he can do so. Only time will tell.

Comment

Thompson will, or should anyway, look to stick around for 12 rounds, land 1 or 2 good shots a round, and hope 1 of them makes Price do the chicken dance again. Steve Bunce and his entourage of boxing wise men said the knock out wasn't a sign that Price had a poor chin; instead, the punch apparently landed on a bunch of nerves behind Price's ear. It sounds fishy to me. You would think other boxers have the same nerves in the same places, but I haven't seen them go down and get up in such a fashion from a neck punch (apart from Khan).

I'll make Price the slight favourite, but he better fight as if Thompson's gloves have the blood of an ebola victim smeared on them and unleash the right when the chances of a counter are minimal.

Comment

Price is very flawed & realistically what can you learn in a few months? Will have to go with Thompson again.

Comment

I think Price will win the rematch..made a mistake though and clicked on Thompson in the poll.
                      Think we will see a very cagey Price though.

Comment

Working...
                      X