Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Froch Doesn't Fight Degale It's The Same As When Calzaghe Didn't Fight Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Many people were writing DeGale off as a tomato can before his win at the weekend, and Groves was being talked up at the next big thing at SMW.

Now people are claiming that DeGale would school Froch & is being ducked. It's funny how things in boxing change so quickly.
    This.

Basically Degale performed well at the weekend, he did everything he had to do.

That said, I was expecting more from Gonzalez - he looked overwhelmed and did not perform as well as I thought he might.

On reflection, I don't think either Degale or Groves are on the same level as Froch now.

Froch should look towards Vegas and Chavez Jnr. He deserves the fight and payday.

I can understand Degale pushing the fight and calling out Froch, but I think he may have to wait a while longer.

And finally, in all honesty I am still not convinced that Degale is the talent he would like us all to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Many people were writing DeGale off as a tomato can before his win at the weekend, and Groves was being talked up at the next big thing at SMW.

Now people are claiming that DeGale would school Froch & is being ducked. It's funny how things in boxing change so quickly.
      Groves had a fan base 2 million strong after Froch 1. He now has a fan base of 200. Happens in most sports I guess, people dick riding the winners. You will see more and more jumping on the DeGale bandwagon.

Comment

DeGale is a talented boxer imo, and if he really is injury free, i could see him causing some waves in the division.

Froch however, is on another level, and when DeGale starts doing that crap on the ropes, he'll get punished, badly.

Comment

I don't mind if Froch avoids his mando to fight Chavez or Bika. With Bika he gets a shot at the wbc title and with chavez its a fight with a big, tough opponent, possibly a vegas ppv.

Comment

Froch fought the best British opponent already in Groves, so no.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Welcome to NSB.

I remembering reading, hours before the rematch, that Groves would KO Ward. Now, according to some posters here, he's a 'bum', a 'tomato can' and 'domestic-level fighter'.

Ridiculous, eh?
              Fixed that for you.

Comment

I thought Calzaghe did the right thing by going to Vegas, getting a pay day and not taking a fight with Froch.
                If Froch skips the DeGale fight to fight Chavez in Vegas, i think that's the right thing to do also.

I suppose they're pretty similar circumstances..both Clazaghe and Froch earned their right to end they're career with the fight(s) they choose.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Froch fought the best British opponent already in Groves, so no.
                  Well that's arguable because a lot of people thought Degale beat Groves in that fight - it just can't be said categorically that Groves is better than Degale, their fight was a majority decision so even one of the official judges had it as a draw. One of the factors in that fight which I think caused the judges some errors in judgement was the crowd going crazy at every little success Groves had because he definitely had the crowd on his side in that fight - it's known to affect judging, sometimes quite shockingly.

So in my opinion, Degale is actually a better fighter than Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
                    if froch didnt fight groves then it would be like calzaghe not fighting froch
                    This.

Froch already has done all the things Calzaghe was afraid of.

Comment

People made the same comparison before the first Groves fight was made, now that he's beaten him twice I didn't expect this same comparison to be made with Degale. Like Haye said over the weekend, there will always be a young hungry guy trying for the world title and that Carl has earned the right to do what he wants at this stage of his career.

Honestly, Froch and Calzaghe are not very comparable. Two very different fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X