Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleto Reyes gloves from sugar rays

Are they legit? Are they also worth it?
    Thanks I advance

Well the site looks legit and it also uses paypal.

I bought some cleto reyes a while back and while they were great gloves I now just use ringside gear, mainly because it doest cost so much when you have to replace your gear.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
      Well the site looks legit and it also uses paypal.

I bought some cleto reyes a while back and while they were great gloves I now just use ringside gear, mainly because it doest cost so much when you have to replace your gear.
      Thanks, how long did they last and how often did you use them?

Comment

You can't put a price on hand and wrist protection.

Maybe worth checking out similar hand made Mexican punchers gloves such as Solo, Casanova they're similar but cheaper alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          You can't put a price on hand and wrist protection.

Maybe worth checking out similar hand made Mexican punchers gloves such as Solo, Casanova they're similar but cheaper alternatives.
          Thanks I'll check them out

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
            Thanks, how long did they last and how often did you use them?
            tbh I cant really remember exact numbers.

A few years back I think I used them for 8 rounds on the heavy bag and 4 on the double end bag for up to 6 days per week and sometimes would take a week off.

The gloves lasted for around 4 months and the overall feeling was that for the price it wasnt worth it but they were great gloves.

Dan is right, you cant put a price on hand and wrist protection but we all cant afford to use winnings.

I have been using ringside for a while now but I might give title a go next.

You can go to sherdog and check out their gear and equipment forum, it is very informative.

Comment

You should look on eBay - there's a few selling cletos there

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
                Are they legit? Are they also worth it?
                Thanks I advance
                are you in england then i take it?

yeah sugar rays is very good. not the cheapest but very reputable. they have an actual shop you can visit as well, in brentwood (just a bit to the east of london).

and cleto reyes are superb gloves, pricey sure but worth it in my opinion, and they last a long time too as long as you treat them sensibly
                Last edited by frosty-g; 12-06-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X