No announcement yet.

Furys power underated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    So who was it that cut and busted up Chisora's face during the second fight ... Don Charles in the corner?

Del Boy has never finished a fight looking like that in his entire career.

So now we have to accept that Fury is sloppy and clumsy, can't box for shit, has a glass chin and is feather fisted.

Yet, somehow, he keeps winning, and at the age of 27 is now the No1 HW in the world and a unified and lineal world champion.

Strange that innit.
    I dont get the point of ur reply.
    chisora had a busted up face, so therefore fury is unbeaten and amazing.

ok.

ps: he lost to john mcdermott

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      I dont get the point of ur reply.
      chisora had a busted up face, so therefore fury is unbeaten and amazing.

ok.

ps: he lost to john mcdermott
      The point of my reply is .. if Fury is featherfisted why did Chisora retire after the 10th in their second fight with his face looking like somebody had been hitting him with a baseball bat?

Del Boy doesn't mark up easily. After 12 rounds with Vitali, you could hardly tell he'd been in a fight.

Fury didn't lose to McDermot. He beat him on points when he was a 21 yo novice then KO'd him in the rematch.

P.S. He beat Wlad Kiltschko too.

Comment

Any 250 plus pounder is going to have some measurement of power .Hes simply a volume puncher though . He didnt bust anything on Wlad either ,the biggest damage was caused by a head butt . One should be able to tell snapping punches from slapping ones .If theres one thing underatted about Fury its his foot work ,nothing else.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-22-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

He doesnt have much power.

Unless you guys have a different definition of what power means.

Like Jugg above says, he's massive so his punches are going to have some impact over a long fight, but punch for punch he doesn't have power.

Chisora got boxed to death, he was stopped because he was losing heavily on scorecards and not looking at all like having any way back into the fight. IIRC he was never really hurt and it was a pretty tedious fight to watch.

Wlad did his stiff leg shuffle in round 11 after catching a flush left hook from Fury, but he does that even when jabs land on him.

Comment

Over-rated power you might mean.

He has mature as a boxer and is placing punches better

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
              Hes not speedy, has a glass chin and your saying he cant box and has no power. Has there ever been a heavyweight champ with these same weaknesses. It would be pretty amazing if hes got there with just strength and smarts alone. I never said he was heavyfisted, i said the power and damage he does on opponents is underated and his size contributes to his power. I think its pretty clear from the comments that his power is underated
              Well in this very weak era of heavyweight it's not surprising such a big bloak with no power can win the title.

If fury didn't have the size he does and was just normal size for a heavyweight I don't think he'd be champ.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                The point of my reply is .. if Fury is featherfisted why did Chisora retire after the 10th in their second fight with his face looking like somebody had been hitting him with a baseball bat?

Del Boy doesn't mark up easily. After 12 rounds with Vitali, you could hardly tell he'd been in a fight.

Fury didn't lose to McDermot. He beat him on points when he was a 21 yo novice then KO'd him in the rematch.

P.S. He beat Wlad Kiltschko too.
                even some of the hardened fury fanboys concede he lost that fight. you probobly havent even seen it just quickly boxrecd it.

I love how you think having marks on your face equates to power
                amazing logic.
                like i said he was slapped into submission.
                he beat a name, but forget the name for a second ' he beat a gunshy 40 year old man terrified to throw a punch'

But you wont concede that you will just say ' fury made him scared , fury made him not throw punches, fury did xyz '
                delusion is a b!tch.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  even some of the hardened fury fanboys concede he lost that fight. you probobly havent even seen it just quickly boxrecd it.

I love how you think having marks on your face equates to power
                  amazing logic.
                  like i said he was slapped into submission.
                  he beat a name, but forget the name for a second ' he beat a gunshy 40 year old man terrified to throw a punch'

But you wont concede that you will just say ' fury made him scared , fury made him not throw punches, fury did xyz '
                  delusion is a b!tch.
                  I know. I could have sworn I saw Tyson Fury make a monkey out of Wlad Klitschko and beat him by a mile on points, eating some of Wlad's big right hands and laughing at him on the way.

Crazy eh?

Comment

He's not the hardest hitter but you'd be moire accurate to describe him as powerful rather than a light hitter, he hits harder than Ali I would say

No one who fights fury the first thing that comes to mind is not how light he hits

Comment

I agree, he never puts his whole bodyweight into any punch. defo has power, put Cunningham to sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X