Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Accomplished HW Lennox Lewis Or Joe Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Every british bookmaker had Lewis odds-on to win.. i bet Lewis to win...
    Ruddock was the clear favourite to win that fight, why are you twisting the facts?
    Ruddocks excuse is lame and i dont accept just like you dont accept it so why should i accept Lewis excuse of `not being motivate, Lucky punch, ocean`s 11 etc etc etc when he got levelled by Rahman the journeyman... you claim Lewis beat everyman he got in the ring with when he ajusted himself.. "What garbage"
    All fighters tell stories when they perform badly
    Lewis fought no-one, he avoided all the top fighters of the 1990s... Foreman, Holmes, Whitherspoon, Sanders, Tyson, Roy Jones, Ruiz, Byrd,Wlad, Bowe, Moorer, Hide all held titles during 1992 - 2000 and Lewis avoided every single one of them because they was at the top of their game
    Moorer
    Youre just hating with that list, Teddy Atlas said he thought Lewis was too high a risk which is why Moorer faced Foreman instead of Lewis
    Tyson:
    Paid Lewis step aside money
    Roy Jones:
    Is that the same Jones who some how managed to miss all the punchers in all of the divisions he fought in? Jones had his hands full with Ruiz, no way would he have stood a chance against Lewis.
    Ruiz, Byrd:
    You cant be serious with these guys
    Bowe:
    Explained this already
    Hide:
    I hope you are joking with this
    Witherspoon:
    When was this fight possible? Wasnt he in court for a long time with King?
    etc,etc
    Lewis had a chance to fight Tyson in 96 but baulked out of it accepting step-a-side money instead of a guaranteed title fight and career highest purse... he could have easily said NO and went ahead with the fight but he knew he stood no chance against that version of Tyson...
    Dude, lol. How could Lewis of forced Tyson to fight him, if he did that Tyson would of just vacated the belt. Tyson wanted to fight Holyfield because:
    1: More Money
    2: He fought Holyfield was shot

Holyfield went 24rds with Lewis yet was floored by John Ruiz & KOd by James Toney.. Levi Billups went 10rds with Lewis but was KOd by every other opponent he fought.. David Tua went 12rds with Lewis but was schooled by Chris Byrd..
    You know you could do this with anyones resume?

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
      Yes,ole Joe was damaged goods at age 29.Quite ironic that frazier fans would make such a claim and then give him so much credit for beating a 29 year old who relied entirely on his reflexes,who had just eighteen rounds under his belt and yet dismiss how easily frazier was rolled over by foreman.

frazier most certainly didn't beat everybody.Joe frazier left that work to the likes of much greater fighters like Ali and the slightly less talented,but much braver Jerry Quarry.These two mens were doing the work that frazier was supposed to be doing.
      Joe was blind, deaf and disabled with a bad shoulder at the time.

Age doesn't mean ****. Tyson was washed up in his early 20's, and Pacquiao is prime in his 30's, doesn't mean ****. And you want to talk about who knows fact when you spew nonsense like this?

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Joe was blind, deaf and disabled with a bad shoulder at the time.

Age doesn't mean ****. Tyson was washed up in his early 20's, and Pacquiao is prime in his 30's, doesn't mean ****. And you want to talk about who knows fact when you spew nonsense like this?

I'll ignore your idolatry of Tyson as I'm not interested in it

Your pitiful excuses for ole "smokey" are among the worse that I have ever heard.Most don't like to hear it,but frazier simply had a weak chin and foreman was the first puncher frazier ever stepped in the ring with.Punchers terrified frazier,which is why he spent his entire career routinely avoiding them.

Now go ahead and explain how "he beat everybody"

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
          I'll ignore your idolatry of Tyson as I'm not interested in it

Your pitiful excuses for ole "smokey" are among the worse that I have ever heard.Most don't like to hear it,but frazier simply had a weak chin and foreman was the first puncher frazier ever stepped in the ring with.Punchers terrified frazier,which is why he spent his entire career routinely avoiding them.

Now go ahead and explain how "he beat everybody"
          I guess Ali hit like a ***** then? Cause Joe ate his punches for 15 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            I guess Ali hit like a ***** then? Cause Joe ate his punches for 15 rounds.

Close to it.I do know that Chuck Wepner and Alfredo Evangelista lasted longer against post Zaire Ali than frazier did.

Comment

Ok you heard it, guys. The guy who knocked out 25 of 31 opponents hits like a ***** according to Snopkins.

You're even less credible now than you were 5 minutes ago which is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                Ruddock was the clear favourite to win that fight, why are you twisting the facts?

All fighters tell stories when they perform badly

Moorer
                Youre just hating with that list, Teddy Atlas said he thought Lewis was too high a risk which is why Moorer faced Foreman instead of Lewis
                Tyson:
                Paid Lewis step aside money
                Roy Jones:
                Is that the same Jones who some how managed to miss all the punchers in all of the divisions he fought in? Jones had his hands full with Ruiz, no way would he have stood a chance against Lewis.
                Ruiz, Byrd:
                You cant be serious with these guys
                Bowe:
                Explained this already
                Hide:
                I hope you are joking with this
                Witherspoon:
                When was this fight possible? Wasnt he in court for a long time with King?
                etc,etc

Dude, lol. How could Lewis of forced Tyson to fight him, if he did that Tyson would of just vacated the belt. Tyson wanted to fight Holyfield because:
                1: More Money
                2: He fought Holyfield was shot

You know you could do this with anyones resume?
                On the day of the fight Lennox Lewis was 10/11 favorite

How am i hating with a list of champions whom Lewis refused to fight.. you can ridicule those fighters all you wish but the fact remains that Lewis ducked them all..

Roy Jones - Lewis turned down the largest purse in pro sports history a staggering $35 million + PPV saying he had nothing to prove by fighting an ex middleweight which is a clear Duck

Hide - undefeated Hide repeatedly called out Lewis on British television after every defence of his WBO title, Hide vs Lewis was a huge money fight in the Uk.. Lewis wanted no part of it even when he lost his beloved WBC title.. clear case of Ducking an opponent

Tyson 1996 - Lewis had no need to accept step-a-side money, he could have easily said no and forced Tyson to fight him.. Tyson`s goal was to unify the title and become undisputed so your claim that Tyson would have dropped the belt is false.

Moorer was often interviewed and said he wanted to fight Lewis.. Lewis wanted no part of the crafty southpaw.

Ruiz - Ruiz had been hired by the Lewis team as a sparring partner in 94 when in the UK to fight Julius Francis, word is from guys who was there that Ruiz dropped Lewis the first day they sparred and that Lewis could not handle the "Grappling-Hook" style of Ruiz, the Lewis camp got rid of his services the next day.... Ruiz fought his way to be the WBA No1 contender over the next 4yrs but Lewis kept him waiting 18 months as No1 contender then dumped the belt rather than face the man he knew he could not handle... Ruiz fought Holyfield for the title and put Holyfield on the canvas, something Lewis never came near to doing.... clear Duck.

Byrd - Byrd was No1 contender for 12 months and Lewis dumped the belt on the advice of Manny Stewart & Don King.. Byrd easily beat Holyfield for the vacant title beating him far easier than Lewis had, Byrd then beat David Tua far easier than Lewis had... clear Duck.

Bowe - Bowe offered Lewis a fight in 93 with a 75/25 split with Bowe being undisputed champ, Lewis ddeliberately "priced himself out" by demanding a 50/50 purse split and options on Bowes next 5 fights should Lewis lose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

Bowe offered Lewis $10 million in 95 but Lewis turned it down saying he was concentrating on regaining the WBC title ..... clear Duck both times and a link as proof.

Witherspoon - Tim was highly rated in 94-96 and shouting for a fight with Lewis who wanted nothing to do with `Terrible Tim` Lewis fought Butler, Fortune & Morrison instead.... clear Duck.

Sanders - Cory fought in London on the McCall vs Lewis undercard, gunning for a fight with Lewis, when Lewis lost to McCall, Sanders kept up the pressure on Lewis from 94 - 2000 running up a 13 fight win streak and being highly ranked by all governing bodies, Lewis wanted no-part of the 6ft`5in power-punching southpaw... clear Duck

Now whichever way you want to look at it, for you to claim the likes of Mavrovic, Fortune, Jackson, Grant, Akinwande, Botha, Morrison & Jackson as anything other than Class C opponents when all those Class A contenders was available for Lewis to fight.. then you are kidding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                  Bowe:
                  I have posted this on another thread and I going to assume you missed it so I will post it again.

Bowe was not Holyfield's WBC mandatory, Razor Ruddock was, which means that Evander was under no obligation to fight him or offer him a fair deal.

After winning the court case so that he was free to defend his belt against Bowe, the WBC had an elimination bout to decide who would be the no 1 wbc mandatory between Lewis and Ruddock, Lewis won

Lewis was Bowe's WBC mandatory, so he had to cut Lewis a more fair deal like ,60/40.

After beating Holyfield Bowe fought a washed up Dokes and a washed up Ferguson, so I think we can safely say he wasnt looking for tough fights. And as you can see after beating Holyfield he didnt want to train anymore, which is why Futch eventually left him.

Holyfield:
                  Lewis wanted to fight Holyfield but he lost to Bowe, he finally did get his shot and we all know what happened there.

Tyson:
                  Tyson paid Lewis step aside money if I remember correctly, Tyson only wanted to fight easy fights as well which is why he fought Holyfield and look how that played out.

Byrd:
                  Lewis couldnt motivate himself to fight someone like Byrd, so he vacated the IBF belt. You dont really believe that Byrd would of beat Lewis do you? Lewis was at least as good as the K bros and they both gave Byrd fits.

If Lewis was the real reason for the Bowe Lewis fight not happening dont you think it would of made more sense for the WBC to simply drop Lewis from the mandatory spot, rather than strip Bowe?
                  This is all imaginary drivel you are spewing out...
                  Holyfield was the undisputed Heavyweight champion, Bowe was WBA No1 contender by hammering Pierre Coetzer in a final Eliminator so guaranteeing him a title fight with Holyfield... Ruddock fought Lewis in a WBC final Eliminator .... THERE WAS NO GOING TO COURT BY HOLYFIELD LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO CLAIM....Holyfield could not fight Ruddock because Ruddock was scheduled to fight Lewis over in London, so Holyfield fought his WBA No1 contender Rid**** Bowe and lost...you are making things up as you go along mate...

Why would Bowe have to cut Lewis a fair deal just because he was his mandatory... Holyfield only paid Bowe 75/25 and Bowe accepted because he felt he could beat Holyfield.... Lewis deliberatly "Priced himself out" because he did not fancy his chances against Bowe

Bowe fought Dokes because Dokes was the ex champion and on a 12 fight win streak but because Bowe butchered him you are claiming he was washed-up... Ferguson beat Ray Mercer who was the WBA No1 contender to get his shot at Bowe.. Ferguson beat Mercer far easier than Lewis did in 95... Bowe then lost his title in a $30 million rematch with Holyfield when the infamous "Fan-Man" landed in the ring... by that time Lewis had lost his Garbage-Can belt to McCall so Rid**** Bowe offered Lewis $10 million and Lewis turned the fight down....

Tell me a heavyweight fighter today who can make $10 million in a non title fight?.... $10 million 15yrs ago was a huge amount of money and by Lewis turning that fight down it shows he never wanted to ever fight Rid**** Bowe
                  here is proof on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

Comment

frazier has the better wins, beating a just past prime ALI when joe was also just past his prime and had been blind in one eye since 1964. the shot, blind frazier almost stopped ali the last time they fought, i'm sure ali would have been knocked out in that last round, frazier was ready to die in the ring if he had to. lennox lewis never had that kind of heart, he even ducked chris byrd. wins over a medicated tyson and shot holyfield aren't as good as smokin joe's best wins

Comment

This is all imaginary drivel you are spewing out...
                      Holyfield was the undisputed Heavyweight champion, Bowe was WBA No1 contender by hammering Pierre Coetzer in a final Eliminator so guaranteeing him a title fight with Holyfield... Ruddock fought Lewis in a WBC final Eliminator .... THERE WAS NO GOING TO COURT BY HOLYFIELD LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO CLAIM....Holyfield could not fight Ruddock because Ruddock was scheduled to fight Lewis over in London, so Holyfield fought his WBA No1 contender Rid**** Bowe and lost...you are making things up as you go along mate...
                      "While he was incarcerated, the WBC ordered a title eliminator between No. 1 ranked Razor Ruddock and No. 2 ranked Rid**** Bowe, which was accepted by both in writing. After making such commitment, Bowe decided to pull out of the agreement and instead fight Pierre Coetzer of South Africa. The WBC then ordered the eliminator to be between Ruddock and No. 3 ranked Lennox Lewis, with the winner to be the official challenger for the world championship; Lewis won the fight. Main Events, who had the promotional rights to Holyfield, informed the WBC that Holyfield would not fight Lewis because he did not have a marketable name, but would fight Bowe instead. The Holyfield vs Bowe fight was authorized by the WBC with the condition that the winner fight Lewis. Bowe won the title, but instead of honoring his written agreement to fight Lewis, he refused to pay the WBC sanctioning fee and threw the championship belt into a London waste basket.
                      http://cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/wbc10-7.htm

I havent got the time right now, but when i do ill dismantle your entire post

Comment

Working...
                      X