No announcement yet.

Show pictures of your home gym thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GekkoTheGreat View Post
    Wow! That is just amazing. Great job man.
    Thank Gekko...much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasm View Post
      Thanks Dan! Looking forward to your pics.
      Welcome to my humble(mobile) boxing gym on a budget. Most of the equipment was purchased on Craigslist, Ebay, or on sale at one of the major boxing equipment sites or made myself. We purchased a majority of the equipment over the last six months. We started out with just a pair jump ropes and the mitts I purchased for my kids a few years back

Here is a pic of some of the equipment. I still have to take shots of the Reyes gloves and Adidas body protector.

Boomtube $99.00, Fairtex Headgear $30.00, Fairtex 14oz. Leather Training Gloves $32.00, Adidas 12oz. Leather Training gloves $9.99, Grant punch Mitts $59.99

Slip Rope $5.00, Maize Bag $2.00, Everlast Heavy Bag $25.00, Leather Top Contender Double-End Bag $23.00, Everlast Bag Anchor $20.00

In this pic you can see the gym has stations for dips and push-ups.

Grant Super Bag Gloves $59.00, gyms bag for wraps, mouthpieces, etc.
      Last edited by Gonzalez_Boxing; 10-17-2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Another angle. My son in the grey shirt, cousin in the black hoodie.

The whole set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
          Another angle. My son in the grey shirt, cousin in the black hoodie.

The whole set-up.
          Wow..NICE set up, especially since it's considered 'mobile'! Takes a lot of work and dedication to do that on a consistent basis...good job and mad props to you!

Comment

lookin at some of these pictures makes me want to show off some of my stuff lol. ill post pics later today.

Comment

Not to bad
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/album.php?albumid=271

Comment

Wow..NICE set up, especially since it's considered 'mobile'! Takes a lot of work and dedication to do that on a consistent basis...good job and mad props to you!
                Thanks!

We got it down to a science, so setting up only takes a few minutes. Boxing gyms in NYC are too damn expensive, so we decided to set up our own. I would love to have a permanent set-up but I have nowhere to set up shop.

My next project is going to be making a medicine ball and a cyclone/tornado ball.

Quick question for alza1988 and Phantasm - Do you use the uppercut bag often enough to warrant a purchase? I never felt comfortable throwing uppercuts on a regular heavy bag and have been considering purchasing an uppercut bag to add to our set-up.

btw nice set-up you have alza1988.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Is this your garage. Great job you have a sweet setup. Enjoy and green k given.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
                    Thanks!

We got it down to a science, so setting up only takes a few minutes. Boxing gyms in NYC are too damn expensive, so we decided to set up our own. I would love to have a permanent set-up but I have nowhere to set up shop.

My next project is going to be making a medicine ball and a cyclone/tornado ball.

Quick question for alza1988 and Phantasm - Do you use the uppercut bag often enough to warrant a purchase? I never felt comfortable throwing uppercuts on a regular heavy bag and have been considering purchasing an uppercut bag to add to our set-up.

btw nice set-up you have alza1988.
                    I know all about that Dan...when I was over there I wanted nothing more than to join one (particularly Gleasons at the time) but my folks couldnt afford it then. It's about adapting and improvising for something you love. Proves your love for the sport!

As far as the uppercut bag, I had just gotten it the night before I took the photos, but using it since then, I LOVE it! I had never used one before (they installed one in the gym I was at in Miami shortly before I left, but never had the chance to mess with it) and really, I bought it partly because I needed to balance out the stand, since the only bag I had caused it to sway a bit when I hit it and I was afraid it could eventually wear out and/or fold over (I didnt want to bolt it onto the floor). But I find myself using it a bit more than the heavybag at this point. Great for hooks and uppercuts! I really enjoy it and recommend it! Got mine from Boxingdepot.com, only $2.95 on the shipping and the price was pretty much the same as everywhere else I shpped online. The weight is actually a bit more than advertised, closer to 85-90 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerhapppy View Post
                      Is this your garage. Great job you have a sweet setup. Enjoy and green k given.
                      Thanks bud!! Yeah, I was blessed to have an exterior garage/workshop in addition to our garage attached to the house. I was lucky when we bought our house a year ago that I had this luxury and promised my wife she could do and decorate our house however she wanted, as long as I got the attic and the exterior garage to do what I wanted with it.

By the way LOVE your sig pic!

Comment

Working...
                      X