No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early Result From England: Dallas Beats Zack Page

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early Result From England: Dallas Beats Zack Page

Ian John-Lewis, who is regarded by many to be one of the leading British referees and judges, will have a hard time looking in someone's eyes after his shameful and extremely controversial decision to raise the hand of previously unbeaten heavyweight prospect Tom Dallas (15-0, 11 KOs) after an eight-round boxing clinic from the hands of top-gear journeyman Zack Page (21-35-2, 7 KOs) at Medway Park Leisure Centre in Gillingham, England.

[Click Here To Read More]

Page won the fight by 2 rounds, its a shame (being a brit) that Dallas won, i was saying to someone else who saw the fight that we see alot of dodgy decisions in the domestic fights, especially in prize fighter. No disrespect to Dallas but he wont go far past European with his skill.

Comment

Ian John Lewis is boxing's worst referee.

Poor Shannon Briggs. His lawyer says he will never be able to fight again after the beating he took from Vitali. Any other referee would have stopped the fight, but Lewis let it go the distance.

He not only robbed Zack Page today, he allowed the main event to go on until the 12th although the losing home fighter had been taking a terrible beating.

Lewis should not be permitted to work any more fights.

But he's going to be working Hopkins-Pascal!

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
        Page won the fight by 2 rounds, its a shame (being a brit) that Dallas won, i was saying to someone else who saw the fight that we see alot of dodgy decisions in the domestic fights, especially in prize fighter. No disrespect to Dallas but he wont go far past European with his skill.
        I came in here to give Dallas props and say thats a good win.......should have known better.

Comment

Thats what happens if you give em Latvian Lemons who dont go more than 1 or 2 rounds, what they need is hard rounds, why not put him in with durable journey men like Butlin.

Some fighters dont want to be stopped because it stops them getting fights down the line, like Corley didnt want to quit after 8 knockdowns....the corner should throw in the towel too.

Comment

Who do these hometown decisions really benefit. In this case, for sure, not Dallas. He gets promoted to a worse beating by a better fighter down the line. The promoter, now that's a different story, he gets to sell his product, virgin pure, again.

Comment

Sounds like Dallas is getting the led to slaughter treatment. He wins as long as he stays on his feet, then, in an unexplainable title shot, gets knocked out by the champ and gets stuck with the tax bill by the promoter. Home town decisions have reasons, his record stays pure, it's like selling a virgin, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Ian John Lewis is boxing's worst referee.

Poor Shannon Briggs. His lawyer says he will never be able to fight again after the beating he took from Vitali. Any other referee would have stopped the fight, but Lewis let it go the distance.

He not only robbed Zack Page today, he allowed the main event to go on until the 12th although the losing home fighter had been taking a terrible beating.

Lewis should not be permitted to work any more fights.

But he's going to be working Hopkins-Pascal!
                i got to agree with you.i have hundreds of english boxing fights & he is a brutal referee.i will say this about him.he use to take alot of heat for stopping fights early & with the briggs fight he was told not to stop the fight no matter what.even though everyone watching the fight could see briggs was done in the 9th or 10th he was given the benefit of the doubt because he ko'd liakhovich with 1 second remaining.too bad for page,i always liked him & met him once when he was suppose to fight sheldon hinton.nice fellow...

Comment

I'd like to see Dallas fight Larry O. If they don't have world class potential they may as well have a one round war with each other.

Sad to hear about the robbery, but not at all surprised. British officiating is biased and incorrect the majority of the time it seems.

I thought that Arron might win just because he seems to be improving and has the kind of size advantage that can make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X