No announcement yet.

Would Foreman always lose to Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Foreman always lose to Ali?

I believe so. You know I hear a lot of people claim how Foreman fought in a foolish manner and that he would dispose of Ali in a rematch.

When I look at the fight, obviously much of what you see is Ali on the ropes taking punishment from Foreman but also making him miss A LOT. Then, when they aren't in a clinch it is actually Ali who is outboxing and potshotting Foreman. In my opinion Foreman was not in his league skillfully, and the approach he took(trying to KO Ali) was the only one he could have succeeded with and he didn't. He never even really had Ali in serious danger.

So I don't see Foreman making good enough adjustments in a rematch to beat Ali. He couldn't KO him, and if it became a boxing match Ali, as he showed in the rumble of the jungle, would have outboxed him. That's what I believe. What is your take on it?

Foreman would never beat Mihammad Ali.. the Rumble in the Jungle was an easy fight for Ali

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
      I believe so. You know I hear a lot of people claim how Foreman fought in a foolish manner and that he would dispose of Ali in a rematch.

When I look at the fight, obviously much of what you see is Ali on the ropes taking punishment from Foreman but also making him miss A LOT. Then, when they aren't in a clinch it is actually Ali who is outboxing and potshotting Foreman. In my opinion Foreman was not in his league skillfully, and the approach he took(trying to KO Ali) was the only one he could have succeeded with and he didn't. He never even really had Ali in serious danger.

So I don't see Foreman making good enough adjustments in a rematch to beat Ali. He couldn't KO him, and if it became a boxing match Ali, as he showed in the rumble of the jungle, would have outboxed him. That's what I believe. What is your take on it?
      I also take into account the immense heat that Foreman had to endure. Ali on the other hand was taking breaks regularly just to keep up himself, and when Foreman finally took a break he took advantage.

I also like to take into account that this wasn't Ali's prime, it was however, an Ali in very good shape. But Ali in his prime had superior mobility, when he came back he still had the hand speed and accuracy but had filled out and could no longer move around for 12 rounds. Keep in mind Ali in his prime doesn't mean insta win. As if the strength advantage wasn't already evident, If Ali was only 209-210 lbs he might not have coped too well with a prime George shot too the jaw had he landed.

That said, I'd favor Ali over Foreman most of the time because of the style, Foreman's defense was to easy for Ali to get around and even if he couldn't knock George out under normal weather conditions he would have been able to steal and easy decision I'd think so. The other option is if George goes too Ali's body in a strategic manner, he could slow Ali down. When George was wailing on Aliu's body he wasn't placing his shots very well, he was more so hitting Ali's hips, a boney tough area. A little higher and he would have been hitting the soft area that does damage.

Comment

Good points but I personally don't give anything to the excuse Foreman had about the Heat. Ali was also suffering from this so under normal circumstances, both men's conditions would have evened out anyway.

Comment

Muhammad Ali beats him everytime IMO. Maybe in the rematch Foreman could have tried being a little less gung ho thus allowing Ali to comfortably outbox him, or he could try the same thing again and get the same result. As great as i believe Foreman is, Ali is simply better, he even admits this himself now.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
            Good points but I personally don't give anything to the excuse Foreman had about the Heat. Ali was also suffering from this so under normal circumstances, both men's conditions would have evened out anyway.
            i disagree, foreman was known to get arm weary and the heat just escalated this. Ali knew if he waited he could tire him out even quicker

Comment

I believe old Foreman would have a better chance.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                i disagree, foreman was known to get arm weary and the heat just escalated this. Ali knew if he waited he could tire him out even quicker
                You could tell Ali was having stamina trouble as well and it was probably because of the heat as well since he was in great shape. So again, I doubt it would make a diffirence in a scenario where they would even eachother out.

Comment

An Ali still anywhere near his prime, no, Foreman would never beat him. Ali was smarter and tougher.

Comment

Maybe, If they will have rematch next year(2011), Foreman will win!

Comment

Working...
                    X