No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs. Wawrzyk Looms For May 17th Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs. Wawrzyk Looms For May 17th Showdown

WBA "regular" heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17 KOs) many very weill defend his title against undefeated 6'5 Andrzej Wawrzyk (27-0, 13 KOs) of Poland on May 17th in Moscow, according to the fighter's manager Vladimir Hryunov. The event is headlined by a duel between WBA cruiserweight champion Denis Lebedev and challenger Guillermo Jones. Hryunov is waiting to get approval from the WBA, who ordered Povetkin to face unified champion Wladimir Klitschko in a mandatory fight by the end of August.

[Click Here To Read More]

But...but....but....I thought that ducker Haye was fighting this guy

Comment

Well, it's still way better than an immobile Hasim Rahman.

Comment

Another crap fight in a crap division.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
          Haye offered Wawrzyk the fight, but Andrew chose Povetkin because it a bigger payday and it's for a "world title".

Read all the updates on this in my heavyweight thread, use google translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post

No, whats funny is when Haye was going to fight him he was a "No chin bum" and Haye should have been fighting better fighters. Now its ok and a good move by Povetkin because this guy is so worthy of fighting for even the phoniest of paper titles.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

No, whats funny is when Haye was going to fight him he was a "No chin bum" and Haye should have been fighting better fighters. Now its ok and a good move by Povetkin because this guy is so worthy of fighting for even the phoniest of paper titles.
              Who said that? I'm Polish like Wawrzyk and I think this is ****ty fight and he doesn't deseve it at all. The only justification for Povetkin would be that this is stayin busy fight before Klitschko but Wawrzyk is terrible both for Povetkin and Haye. And fight is in what one month? Povetkin will be knocked out cold by Wlad, seriously after what Huck did to him I think Klitschko with his punching power can literally destroy that guy

Comment

Povetkin is such a joke that he is one of those rare fighters that nobody takes seriously.

He fought Donald/Byrd/Chambers starting in his 13th fight in 2007/08 and really hasn't faced anyone better since.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                  Who said that? I'm Polish like Wawrzyk and I think this is ****ty fight and he doesn't deseve it at all. The only justification for Povetkin would be that this is stayin busy fight before Klitschko but Wawrzyk is terrible both for Povetkin and Haye. And fight is in what one month? Povetkin will be knocked out cold by Wlad, seriously after what Huck did to him I think Klitschko with his punching power can literally destroy that guy
                  Most of the Klitschko nuthuggers have expressed this. Check out any Haye vs Wawrzyk thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    Povetkin is such a joke that he is one of those rare fighters that nobody takes seriously.

He fought Donald/Byrd/Chambers starting in his 13th fight in 2007/08 and really hasn't faced anyone better since.
                    he looked like the real deal back then but he has been stagnant the last few years fighting less then top competition...

Comment

Working...
                    X