Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloud was awful and this was a very boring fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud was awful and this was a very boring fight.

Did any of you enjoy this sparring fight? Why was Cloud so passive?? No aggression whatsoever and he hardly let his hands go? WTF was that all about?

Yes Hop is a legend but most of his fights are just boring. I want to see him against someone who actually comes to fight with a great work rate, pressure and set a high pace. This was a f_ucking terrible slow pace fight just like Hop wanted. Cloud should really be ashamed of himself.

lolol it's not that cloud is bad or has a low work rate its Hopkin's style that cuts down his work rate. I enjoyed this fight. Each person likes their own type of fight though.

Comment

Cloud was horrible, he actually kept stepping back into the center of the ring after trying to cut off hopkins

Comment

I felt it was a decent fight.

Doesn't matter how great your workrate is B-Hop will slow the pace & limit your output.
        The more you open up the more you leave yourself open & B-Hops extremely crafty and comes in and throws from all sorts of strange angles.

His feints are the main cause of limiting his opponents punch output. Makes them weary of opening up.

Comment

What were you honestly expecting?

This is a guy who struggled with Yusuf Mack!

And got throughly outboxed Campillo.

Who in their right mind would expect him to somehow be able to beat Hopkins? I don't understand.

Comment

I enjoyed the fight I'm a big Hopkins fan though I expected a slow fight but i really didn't mind its more of a chess match when its a Hopkins fight

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Did any of you enjoy this sparring fight? Why was Cloud so passive?? No aggression whatsoever and he hardly let his hands go? WTF was that all about?

Yes Hop is a legend but most of his fights are just boring. I want to see him against someone who actually comes to fight with a great work rate, pressure and set a high pace. This was a f_ucking terrible slow pace fight just like Hop wanted. Cloud should really be ashamed of himself.
              You must be new to the sport. It's guys that fight in that style that Hopkins dominates.

Comment

He can't punch while moving. That's a red flag on how garbage you are. Not to mention he's not even that dynamic of a puncher.

He had him against the ropes, and still wouldn't let his hands go. He was that afraid of getting countered.

Overall a rudimentary fighter.

Comment

The fight displayed the boxing tactics of a genius. You don't like it? Kiss ma ass you don't like it.

Comment

Hopkins kept him off balance and dictated the fight. Cloud's style plays right into Hopkins hands.

Cloud normally throws 1,000 punches a fight. I think he threw half tonight.

He's limited and his only chance at winning was to throw more but he Hopkins made him hesitant to pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X