No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RwK View Post
    Since I'm too lazy type out a ten page paragraph, I'm going to state that having watched Whitaker when I was young, fighting everyone and displaying the most ridiculous set of fundamentals/skills I think he was even greater than Floyd.

Yes I do. All you have to do is watch some tape.............(sucks our torrent forum is gone but copyright protection is a major issue now). Or else we could just link that and maybe you refresh memory.

Like I stated the whole fight per fight comparison takes forever.
    thank you...............just wanna hear opinions.oh and i love Whitaker ATG fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
      ive seen the fight 100 times man.it was a close fight
      no it wasn't. chavez won 3 rounds at best if you know how to score. don't think you've watched the fight once let alone 100 times, but if you did ever see it you def weren't paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
        Duran is a flat footed carbon copy of baldomir
        We have a winner!!! This is the dumbest thing I have ever read on this or any other boxing forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Here's p4 p victories. Only includes guys that were on the list when they faced them:

Floyd:
          Marquez #3
          Hatton #8
          Corrales #5
          Mosley #3

Whitaker:
          Chavez #1
          McGirt#5
          Nelson #7

Take that how you want it
          Shane Mosley was most definitely not P4P number 3 when he faced Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            I bullshit you not as you can see. I can go bring up other post that Larry and Mark also made that it's mind boggling to me. Larry even called a big time Floyd fan a hater for saying that Whitaker has the better resume.

It was said in here that the Chavez win wasn't a win it was a draw. And, that the first Ramirez fight was a lost. That Whitaker shouldn't get credit for such. Again, according to LarryX.

So what other conclusions can one come up with. When statements like that are made.

You know damn well they didn't see first Whitaker-Ramirez fight and Whitaker-Chavez fight. If they're not giving credit to Whitaker for those fights.
            Are we talking about the same Larryx that always makes threads moaning like **** about robberies? Double standards on this prick...I genuinely believe that he doesnt know, remember or even care about the crap that comes out of his mouth from one minute to the next.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Yes he was, do your homework.

Comment

• Before any dumb prick brings up Ring 2009 ratings, pull your ****ing heads in and get back to reality. He hadn't been listed in the rankings for six years and had lost and had awful showings before his one good winning fight leading up to going from nowhere to be seen, to going past Donaire, Marquez, Hopkins, Cotto, Dawson, etc etc, with a near disaster against a shot Mayorga and then one good win. No one has gone from nothing to 3rd with a loss, a ****eful, shot looking terrible fight and then one good win.

As for being number 3 when he faced Mayweather, well, that was a year and a half later. Either way, Mosley ever being P4P 3 in 2009 is a major joke. Not only did Mayweather not even fight him until a year and a half later, but the initial ranking was an utter disgrace. Mosley was deserving of maybe scraping into 10th place with the Marg win, but going from nothing to third was BS GBP/Ring politics.

Mosley number 3? ....

Last edited by BennyST; 05-15-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                  thank you for actually backing stuff up with facts thats all i ask
                  Can you read? Genuine question.

We're on page 30 something and this pretty much exact same post has been posted numerous times and you just ignore it like it didn't happen.

Your idiotic excuse of "He beat more champions and had more titles" has been shut down time after time after time with examples and you ignore it.

You say you have been following the sport fora long time it's abundantly clear you haven't.

You say Morales and Barrera aren't ATG's, that alreays tells everyone you weren't around as early as the late 00's.

I know for a 100% fact you weren't around in the 80's. That's an absolute fact, with your comments about Gomez and Nelson.

You say the most moronic **** like Mosley's Lightweight Resume is better than Nelson's career. You understand that that is one of the most stupid things ever been said on this site? You know that right?

You said Genaro beat Nelson and Mayweather dominated Genaro so his win over Genaro is better than Whitaker's win over Nelson? You know that is probably #2 to the last comment?

And you're surprised people are insulting your idiocy?

It's obvious all you do is look at Boxrec and make stupid assumptions. I.e the one about Gomez.

Comment

He was.

He was P4P #3 across the board in every rankings.

Ring, ESPN etc.

Comment

Before any dumb prick brings up Ring 2009 ratings, pull your ****ing heads in and get back to reality. He hadn't been listed in the rankings for six years and had lost and had awful showings in his one good winning fight leading up to going from nowhere to be seen, to going past Donaire, Marquez, Hopkins, Cotto, Dawson, etc etc, with a near disaster against a shot Mayorga and then one good win. No one has gone from nothing to 3rd with a loss, a ****eful, shot looking terrible fight and then one good win.

As for being number 3 when he faced Mayweather, well, that was a year and a half later. Either way, Mosley ever being P4P 3 in 2009 is a major joke. Not only did Mayweather not even fight him until a year and a half later, but the initial ranking was an utter disgrace. Mosley was deserving of maybe scraping into 10th place with the Marg win, but going from nothing to third was BS GBP/Ring politics.

Mosley number....

Oh, fair enough.

But whether or not he should have been ranked there, he was ranked there.

And not just by The Ring either. By everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X