No announcement yet.

Big head good chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big head good chin?

Might seem strange but I was looking at fighters head shapes who box a lot of the guys with decent chins have quite big round heads where as the chinny guys had pointy chins and boney faces does head size determine weather your chin is better than others?
    Last edited by Juof; 04-25-2012, 05:18 AM.

I think it's the snapping back of the head ( neck ) but they say bigger is better everywhere else hand size etc so you never know .
    http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym15.htm

Comment

no it does not. prime example being Carnera and the next to solidify my hypothosis will be Tye Fields as soon as he fights a "live" opponent..........Rockin'

Comment

I have a big head and i have a granite chin.
        never been rocked, dazed or anything and I have taken some BOMBS to the chin.
        Have had my head twisted around and everything.
        my head pushed back by punches... nothing.

I actually think i got slightly rocked(not wobbly but a little dizzy) once but recovered real fast

Comment

more like a tree trunk neck, no point of looking like a lollipop

Comment

Your legs have more to do with absorbing shots than your head size hahahaha, I'd suggest a well conditioned neck and shoulders also. Thats funny!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Your legs have more to do with absorbing shots than your head size hahahaha, I'd suggest a well conditioned neck and shoulders also. Thats funny!!! Ray.
              yeah fighters that did a lot of road work or had solid legs seemed to take a good shot or if they were dropped always got up. I always thought this.

The other thing is structure. Having a solid hard head helps for sure. Also mentality, how much cushion your brain has etc. lot of factor. But I agree well conditioned legs has always produced fighters that are hard to put away. look how slim corrales was yet he'd always get up. 10 miles every day he said.

Comment

I measured my neck some years ago and it was 17 or 18 inches. Can't remember exactly which number because I measured a lot. But I can take some shots although I try not to that much and my head isn't big. My chin? Shyt, if I don't see it coming then it is what it is.

But I tell you this. I've been in boxing since 2003 and I've been down 2 times ever. I mean in sparring and fights. Do I have a good chin? No clue and I don't wanna find out.:bigwink:

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
                  I measured my neck some years ago and it was 17 or 18 inches. Can't remember exactly which number because I measured a lot. But I can take some shots although I try not to that much and my head isn't big. My chin? Shyt, if I don't see it coming then it is what it is.

But I tell you this. I've been in boxing since 2003 and I've been down 2 times ever. I mean in sparring and fights. Do I have a good chin? No clue and I don't wanna find out.:bigwink:
                  Tell me where you live and we can find out

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post

I think a lot of it is mentality. and conditioning I suppose. I know some farm kids turned boxers, that can take hell of a beatings. Nothing beats working on a farm from the age of 6 in terms of strength and stamina.

Comment

Working...
                    X