No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Targets The World Stage, No Eye on Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Targets The World Stage, No Eye on Price

It might not be in the same league as Mayweather versus Pacquiao, but British domestic boxing can now lay claim to its own non-superfight following Tyson Fury's withdrawal from purse bids for a prospective heavyweight clash with David Price.

[Click Here To Read More]

i understand the intention but please, leave the david haye comparison, at least fury would have a good go even if he did get sparked. haye has proven himself to be an embarassment, at least give fury a chance.

Comment

WAR FURY!

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
        i understand the intention but please, leave the david haye comparison, at least fury would have a good go even if he did get sparked. haye has proven himself to be an embarassment, at least give fury a chance.
        What are you on about? Embarassment? Why, because he wasn't quite able to beat the #1 heavyweight in the world? Oh how shameful. He didn't get beaten down or knocked out like most Klit opponents either, he just didn't do enough to win. Haye is genuine world class and still the only heavyweight out there with a chance of beating either Klitschko. You don't like him because he ran his mouth for years and then complained about a broken toe when he lost. I get it. Get over it. Grow the **** up. Haye's mouth sold that fight, made it an event and made himself a rich man in the process. If you don't like it, tough. That's the way boxing works.

25-2 with 23 KO's, unified the cruiserweight division and became a two weight world champion at heavyweight - that's hardly an embarassment is it? Seriously, is it so hard just to show a bit of respect? All fighters deserve at least that. The truth is, you'd give your left nut for even half the success he's had, so you only make yourself look a dick by spouting this nonsense.

Too many kids on here...

Comment

Shame to see Fury act this way.

I guess his handlers have decided he needs more time to develop, which is understandable. Still, he shouldn't have run his mouth so much if he was going to be avoiding people this early in his career.

A lot of boxers talk, of course, but he's been specifically mentioning Price for a while now, and yet became very quiet once Price started to show how good he is for the level.

Maybe they're holding out for Povetkin, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Shame to see Fury act this way.

I guess his handlers have decided he needs more time to develop, which is understandable. Still, he shouldn't have run his mouth so much if he was going to be avoiding people this early in his career.

A lot of boxers talk, of course, but he's been specifically mentioning Price for a while now, and yet became very quiet once Price started to show how good he is for the level.

Maybe they're holding out for Povetkin, but I doubt it.
            I think Fury getting floored hard by Neven Pajkic caused a serious rethink in the Fury camp. Hennessey almost had a heart attack when Fury went down.

Comment

Tyson Fury sucks, can't wait till he gets shown up and beat down.

Comment

another article on fury vacating

By James Slater: David Price Vs. Tyson Fury, arguably the best all-British heavyweight showdown between young and highly promising fighters, will not be happening any time soon - if ever. Unbeaten Fury, who lost to 2008 Olympian Price as an amateur, has officially vacated both his British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles.

Price earned mandatory challenger status with his recent, highly impressive 1st-round destruction of John McDermott, and the Liverpool giant said post-fight that he was “sure” Fury would take the fight with him because Tyson is “a genuine fighting man.” Now, however, in light of Fury’s move, Price’s promoter Frank Maloney has called Fury “chicken.”

“Chicken Fury was going to get the biggest payday of his career to date, and has let himself, his fans, his travelling community and most of all the boxing world down,” Maloney said as quoted by *********.com. “This is why people are turning against the sport I love and again politics have ruled what a boxer does. The BBB of C have purse bids for a reason and this fight generated more interest than normal with all the top promoters in the U.K bidding for it.”

That’s Maloney’s take on Fury’s decision; naturally Mick Hennessey, big Tyson’s promoter, has a different opinion.

“Fury versus Price was a quality fight and, in my opinion, it should go out to the widest possible audience,” Hennessey said to BBC Sport. “That’s why I offered David Price £100,000 to fight Tyson Fury on Channel 5 (U.K terrestrial channel), which unfortunately was turned down by his promoter on Monday.”

Both Tyson and his promoter said Fury will now “move on” and look for a shot at a world title. The BBB of C will now “consider the status of the [British] championship later today.”

So, the mouth-watering clash that would arguably decide THE best heavyweight in the U.K will not happen. Maybe the two will hook up in the future; maybe when (or if) one of them has won a major title. A natural, due to the two men having that amateur history, Fury-Price would have been a huge occasion for just the domestic title.

Maloney says Fury will regret not taking the fight, Hennessey claims Team-Price rejected that £100,000 offer. Bottom line: the fans lose out on a great match-up.

Who will Price now face for the vacant title or titles, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  i'm gonna have to post this below which i received (in response to the above) along with red k from some snake by the name of "taansend" seeing as he knows full well he'd get ridiculed if he actually posted it in the thread:

"Haye isn't great but he rocked a man who outweighed him by over 30lbs & had an 84% KO%"

p*ssy.

Comment

Working...
                  X