Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Fought Far Better Competition Than Cotto: Why the Double Standard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto's resume is great and at Jr WW and WW it ****s all over Mayweather's.

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
      Why are you changing the topic. Floyd beat 154 Oscar, the same Oscar who handled drugged up Mosley
      LOL only an ass would compare the Oscar that fought Floyd and the Oscar Mosley fought. That's just an idiotic statement.

In comparison to Cotto, take a look who he's fought since being at WW.

Carlos Quintana
      Zab Judah
      Shane Mosley
      Antonio Margarito
      Alfonso Gomez
      Joshua Clottey
      Michael Jennings

The highlighted fighters were and are current World champions, and these list of names all occurred in the last 3-4 yrs.

Now let's look at Floyd's last 3-4 years.

Zab Judah
      Carlos Baldomir
      Oscar De La Hoya
      Ricky Hatton
      Juan Manuel Marquez

all are also former champions, but you're going to say Cotto's resume has nothing on Floyd's??? You're telling me Floyd had the tougher competition? Please explain that one objectively for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ch@mpbox@pr View Post
        cottos resume weak?

You sure are a bias sob!!!!!!

Nobody is saying mayweathers reacord is wack, because 135 and below is a very good resume. But 140 and above is pure bull****, except zab and dlh!!!

Cottos ww resume ****s on mayweathers resume at 140 and above.

And cotto have faed 1 gold medalist 5 undefeted fighters and 12 champs or former champs.

Get your **** rright!!!!!
        another hate thread on cotto. Resumes dont even compare. Hatton couldnt handle the the move to full welter that was evident in the collazo fight. He only came back up for the money. And delahoya was past his prime. So dont compare resumes. The biggest name in the lower divsions for him was corrales which was a great win. Dnt forget the gift decision in the castillo fight. And stop hating dam.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          LOL only an ass would compare the Oscar that fought Floyd and the Oscar Mosley fought. That's just an idiotic statement.

In comparison to Cotto, take a look who he's fought since being at WW.

Carlos Quintana
          Zab Judah
          Shane Mosley
          Antonio Margarito
          Alfonso Gomez
          Joshua Clottey
          Michael Jennings

The highlighted fighters were and are current World champions, and these list of names all occurred in the last 3-4 yrs.

Now let's look at Floyd's last 3-4 years.

Zab Judah
          Carlos Baldomir
          Oscar De La Hoya
          Ricky Hatton
          Juan Manuel Marquez

all are also former champions, but you're going to say Cotto's resume has nothing on Floyd's??? Try to explain that one from an objective point of view.
          Mayweather is the greater fighter, he is arguably the best SFW of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
            Mosley is better than any fighter on Floyd's resume.

Cotto fought some of the welterweights that Floyd ducked: Mosley, Margarito and Clottey.

Cotto's resume is excellent: Clottey, Torres, Quintana, Malignaggi, Judah (who he beat more convincingly than Floyd), and Mosley. Cotto would have defeated Margarito if not for the plaster.

Jesus Chavez was 1-13 when Floyd fought him, here's his record:

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...4761&cat=boxer
            lmfao..tunny we arnt talking about that jesus chavez..there are 2 on floyds resume..the second one had 1 lose and that fight was a war..damn tunny tell me you were joking

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
              lmfao..tunny we arnt talking about that jesus chavez..there are 2 on floyds resume..the second one had 1 lose and that fight was a war..damn tunny tell me you were joking
              Tunney is a boxrec warrior

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
                Why are you changing the topic. Floyd beat 154 Oscar, the same Oscar who handled drugged up Mosley
                You actually think Floyd fought the same Oscar as Mosley. That's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                  I was joking.

But I was serious about Shane Mosley being better than anyone Floyd has ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                    I was joking.

But I was serious about Shane Mosley being better than anyone Floyd has ever fought.
                    That is very true.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      That is very true.
                      Bully, if Cotto beats Pac in convincing fashion and he fights Floyd next, I'm curious to see who you'll be rooting for...

Comment

Working...
                      X