No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gerber vs. Sprott Rematch is Set For December 15th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gerber vs. Sprott Rematch is Set For December 15th

Undefeated German heavyweight Edmund Gerber, 22-0, will once again face British veteran Michael Sprott, 36-19, on December 15 in Nueremberg on the undercard to Arthur Abraham vs Bouadla.

Gerber stopped Sprott in four their first time out in September in Bamberg but appeared to have problems with his tricky opponent and was also cut in a bad place. However, Sprott left himself open and Gerber nailed him with a good right and Michael went down on his back. He looked gone but got up, took a count, raised his hands ... and then the fight was waved over. Sprott protested and even pushed referee Gerard Sigl and got a 90 day suspension. Gerber has since beaten Darnell Wilson on points but was badly shaken in the first and Sprott can, depending how much he wants it, still test almost anyone.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I vaguely remember this mild controversy. Sprott is lucky to be getting another shot to redeem himself.

Comment

The stoppage was terrible, sorry but I can not blame Sprott for being mad over that though he probably shouldn't of put his hands of the ref though it was only a push.

Comment

Should have had it in Reading to even things up a bit.

Comment

i only have seen 3 of his fights not including the sprott fight. i haven't seen enough of him yet to really see what he's made of...

Comment

Working...
          X