No announcement yet.

Quartey vs Jose Luis Lopez who won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartey vs Jose Luis Lopez who won

Quartey vs Jose Luis Lopez who won? i thought Quartey was extremely lucky to get the decision, infact i thought Lopez won 7 rounds and he had a KD.

I watched the fight very closely and kept my eye out for whether punches were landing or missing, who was more active over the coarse of the 3min, who was connecting with the better shots, and all i can say is............Quartey's jab was busy throughout the fight but not always landing and a lot of the time Lopez was answering Quartey's attacks back, i guess you could give subliminal points for the fact Quartey was getting off first but if you are going to do that you could Lopez subliminal points for being the aggressor and forcing the fight.

Lopez dropped Quartey twice in the fight but the first KD he lost the round imo, so he only get a 10/9 round from me. However the second KD he won the round quite clearly, so 10/8.

I can understand people who scored it for Quartey because it was an extremely difficult fight to score and if you were looking at Quartey's activity you could say he did more work over the 3min rounds, but when you do more work with the jab and its not always landing, it does not count for much, and imo the round can be turned up on its head by a few good hard clean shot from the opponent. Jabbing over a round puts you up but not by a lot.

JLL was a beast. I wish he knew how much of a badass he was. It seemed like he didnt realize what he had going on there at that time. He could have KO'd anybody if he had more motivation.

Comment

Yeah, quartey might have got the draw on points but JLL won the fight, he beat Quartey up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trenchant View Post
        JLL was a beast. I wish he knew how much of a badass he was. It seemed like he didnt realize what he had going on there at that time. He could have KO'd anybody if he had more motivation.
        I dont know much about JL Lopez but from what ive read he was a helluva puncher and a pretty decent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          I dont know much about JL Lopez but from what ive read he was a helluva puncher and a pretty decent fighter.
          Big puncher but he was always looking for one shot and as a result didn't throw enough punches.

Comment

this is the same guy who beat on a younger winky, right?

i admit that i don't know **** about this fighter either. when was his hey-day?

Comment

Originally posted by youreffinkaput View Post

That was Julio Cesar Vasquez you're thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by youreffinkaput View Post

Nah i think you might be on about Vasquez, he had Winly down 5 times, there is a point in that fight where Winky is knocked out, but he miraculously comes back to life when he looks for all the world like he is out, ive never seen anything like it before......Bizzare!!

Pernell Whitaker beat Vasquez convincingly.

Comment

Working...
                X