No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shannon Briggs Could Return on 12/17 in Moscow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shannon Briggs Could Return on 12/17 in Moscow

According to sources in the Russian media with sufficient knowledge of the current situation, former WBO heavyweight champion of the world Shannon Briggs (51-6-1, 45 KOs) will be back in the ring on December 17 at Crocus City Hall in Myakinino, Moscow, Russia. The name of his opponent will be announced during next few days.

[Click Here To Read More]

Briggs needs to stay out. He was beyond done 2 years ago.

Comment

Briggs really doesn't bring much to the table for elite guys, but he is pretty tough and can still punch so he isn't the worst trial horse or gate keeper. Against anyone that is good, he will surely get out worked as long as that guy can avoid getting taken out.

I was hoping he would get out after his last cash out though~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Briggs really doesn't bring much to the table for elite guys, but he is pretty tough and can still punch so he isn't the worst trial horse or gate keeper. Against anyone that is good, he will surely get out worked as long as that guy can avoid getting taken out.

I was hoping he would get out after his last cash out though~
        He was robbed of his last cash out

Comment

Aw jeez, hopefully not. That beating he took from Vitali was one of the most savage and unnecessary I've seen in recent years, made all the more worse by that incompetent twat of a ref, Ian John-Lewis. :angry2:

Comment

Maybe after the fight they can send him to the gulag for retirement, to make sure he doesn't come back. No one would miss him.

Comment

I thought Briggs suffered enough brain damage from Vitali. But good luck to him. Maybe he can land another big fight on his name alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                He was robbed of his last cash out
                Even his German hospital bills were deducted from his purse

Comment

I thought Briggs was in the promoting business now, I guess that tanked then?

If Briggs can win in his return fight, most likely he'll be used as a stepping stone for Price, Fury, or Helanius.

Comment

Did we ever find out what happened w Briggs and his last promoter? With the court, the purse, all that nonsense?

Sounded like a mess.

Comment

Working...
                    X