Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: I Expected Canelo to Tire Out & Run Like He Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: I Expected Canelo to Tire Out & Run Like He Did

LAS VEGAS Abel Sanchez wasn't surprised when Canelo Alvarez moved away from Gennady Golovkin more than he had in previous fights. Golovkin's trainer thought before their battle that Alvarez would get tired and inevitably "run" from Golovkin in their 12-round middleweight title fight Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. Alvarez, who fought to a draw with the unbeaten Golovkin, has taken some criticism, particularly from Mexican fans, for not exchanging more with one of boxing's most punishing punchers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

ginger freak canelo truly has the worst stamina of any top fighter in the history of the sport. comical how a 35 yr old golovkin looked like the hungrier and fresher man in that ring compared to 27 prime canelo.

canelo threw a few flashy punches for the first 30 seconds of the fight (mostly none landing) and then did nothing for the rest. how could he win 118-110?!?!?!? HOWWWW!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Comment

I can still remember when oscar actually beat
      Tito and was robbed of his victory.

This was nothing like that.

Canelo gets the mayweather treatment.
      All bbc.co theyv haf yo do was go 12 and the judges in vegas in this new social media era will take care of the cash cow .

There was no value to vegas in GGG winning outright.

Comment

yeah if he had better stamina he would have won easily that was terrible he tired out after round 4

Comment

i wouldn't be suprised if canelo was a smoker. not during training camps, but off season when he aint training.

cool hand luke kind of thing.

Comment

Why wait for somebody to tire, GGG was meant to be a beast who should have run him out of the ring, this is Vegas so he should have stopped no arguments no complaints besides he gets another whopping pay date be grateful, he never lost the decision.

Comment

GGG's constant pressure is what caused Nelo to tire so quickly. Once fatigued, Canelo's body work diminished which allowed GGG to maintain his work rate throughout the fight. It seems that the body shots that Canelo hit G with early stopped his assaults, he doesn't like those body shots at all.

Comment

once again why is this "mexican style" sht is considered a compliment? the way they describe it its simply a guy that blocks punches with his face to prove hes macho man.

canelo applied everything he learned from the mayweather schooling. you can tell he studied that fight night and day. at times this resembled floyd vs maidana or cotto vs margarito.

canelo was supposed to have cement feet but he was on his toes boxing beautiful. his upper body movement saved him on the ropes where ggg was missing bombs upstairs.

ggg is the best i ever seen at cutting the ring and hes top 5 all time in terms of chin. and that jab of his is a monster too.

but lets keep in mind this was canelo debut at 160. in a rematch he'll be even more acclimated to the weight and be more effective. ggg has been boxing in his comfort zone his whole life so basically he let a newcomer take him the full 12 rounds. in a rematch i favor canelo.

Comment

“He talked too much before fight,” Golovkin said. “He said he’s true Mexican man. I told him, ‘I bring Mexican style. I want a true fight, close distance.’ He knows he needs only decision. [From the fourth] round, he moved every round, moving. He can’t stay. It is a surprise. He’s moving. He’s not stay close to me, not in front of me.”

The last chicken runner was May Jr but NOW we have another

Comment

To be fair, Canelo performed very well - at the very least beyond my expectations. And he did punch back with authority. It's not like Canelo just ran. GGG is supposed to be the best at cutting off the ring, weird how both Jacobs and Canelo managed to move away from him effectively. Makes you reconsider Lara's chances against GGG.

Funny how a card in favour of a fighter can bring so much damage to that very fighter. Canelo still got a draw but everyone is s****ing on him now... Hope we get a rematch with a more definitive result.

Comment

Working...
                    X