Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Expects to Enter Ring at 180; Canelo Not Concerned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Expects to Enter Ring at 180; Canelo Not Concerned

NEW YORK Oscar De La Hoya was surprised just how much bigger Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is than Canelo Alvarez the first time he saw them stand next to each other this week. Their size difference figures to be at least as noticeable when the Mexican stars enter the ring May 6 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The 6-feet-1 Chavez (50-2-1, 32 KOs, 1 NC), who has fought as high as light heavyweight, expects to be 180 pounds on fight night, 15 more than the contracted catch weight for their HBO Pay-Per-View main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What about cruiserweight?

Comment

Uitter

Chavez at 180lbs for Canelo in May means that the slow lazy soft tACO EATING TEQUILA swilling Chavez jr will still be in Siesta mode and will quit again. REPEAT the slow fat flabby laZY Chavez will QUIT again. quitter Quitter QUITTER Get it? Amigos? Chavez has no heaRT NO MATTER WHAT LAZY cHAVIE WEIGHS.

Comment

>And I can tell you one thing, that in my training, in my camps, when I’m weighing between 160 and 165

Yep but he's not a middleweight according to fishnets.

Comment

So you feel at your best at 160-165 and yet you go all somalian mode and starve down to 155 just to avoid golovkin. wtf is this ginger headed goat herder on...shocking

Comment

CANELAS FAT ASS WAS AROUND 170 AGAINST FLOYD WHICH WAS ALMOST 20 MORE THAN FLOYD.... SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL NOW?

Comment

They will not show you what canella really fights at 175 because it will blow up his fake excuse these years of not being able to make 160 vs ggg

Comment

Of course he won't.. Canelo would probably weigh the same come fight night..

Comment

Canelo is thick. V heavily muscled. Solid. Looks like a tank compared with most of the guys he has been fighting.

Comment

Idk why this fight is competitive. Jr had problems with a guy like Vera. Canelo has beat Cotto and fought FMJ. He's gonna get schooled. Alvarez by decision is where my $ is going.

Comment

Working...
                    X