Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Povetkin Purse Bid Ordered For February 26 in Miami

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder-Povetkin Purse Bid Ordered For February 26 in Miami

While there remains a sliver of hope of two sides reaching a deal, it appears the ordered heavyweight title fight between unbeaten champ Deontay Wilder and mandatory contender Alexander Povetkin will head to a purse bid.

[Click Here To Read More]

Just don't duck the purse bids.

Comment

Aye, Wilder wins either way... he's about to get hella paid

Comment

The article states Wilder would be entitled to more than 70% of the purse split if he fights away from home. This is the case in WBO regulations

However, the current WBC rules say this:

The net purse offer (after deduction of all sanction fees payable to the WBC hereunder) shall be divided as follows:
        (a) first, 10% of the total shall be set aside as a bonus for the winner of the contest, then, of the remainder,
        (b) 70% of the remaining 90% shall be for the champion and 30% of the remaining 90% shall be for the challenger in title bouts; and
        (c) 50% of the remaining 90% to each contender in the case of vacant titles or elimination bouts;
        Unless you know something that we don't know. Could you clarify this?

Comment

Time for the two sides to put up or shut up with their wallets

Comment

Yo, I'm going to this. Might **** around and bid a rack.

Comment

Here we go.....

Comment

Based on it being said on Feb. 24 that purse bids are two days away I'm thinking the WBC isn't expecting much of a turnout here & Ryabinsky will just bid $15M or something like that & a PBC promoter will bid less or they won't bid at all. I don't believe there is THAT much money in this fight in the US, but maybe there is in Russia idk.

I just hope that Wilder stands firm on his desire to be a "world" champ & not stand firm on his other remark that says he won't fight in Russia. And money-wise I suspect this payday could be his biggest payday ever (if he loses) & will only led to a bigger payday than this one (if he wins) so its not a bad spot to be in. Otherwise he better be ready for super bad press or be in line to fight the Klitschko vs Fury II winner or maybe at very least take some **** + fight the Martin vs Joshua winner.

Comment

Gonna be real interesting to see how this plays out. Someone needs to find a way to stream the purse bid for us

I don't think Haymon will go ridiculously high in what he's willing to pay. Not saying he wouldn't pay slightly over the odds but if Ryabinsky has another $23M to spend or even half of that, that's gonna be very hard for anyone to match.

Comment

this should be fun

Comment

Working...
                    X