No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Loss To Floyd Mayweather Helped Me Improve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: Loss To Floyd Mayweather Helped Me Improve

Junior welterweight contender Saul" Canelo" Alvarez (45-1-1, 32KOs) is not even thinking about his 2013 twelve round decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

It was the biggest fight of Canelo's career and the event was very successful. It set a live gate record at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and brought in 2.2 million pay-per-view purchases - ranking it as the third most successful pay-per-view event in history.
    [Click Here To Read More]

if Canelo beats Cotto or beats Cotto and GGG, does anybody want to see Canelo/Floyd 2?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      if Canelo beats Cotto or beats Cotto and GGG, does anybody want to see Canelo/Floyd 2?
      if floyd still around why not. don't see nothing different happening though.

Comment

You had 40 some fights when you fought Mayweather--more than he had almost at 10 years younger than him. I don't really think you're in a position to talk about someone not taking a rematch when you were outclassed by a father figure. Again, I'm not a Mayweather fan, so either your record was padded (Bueller....Bueller?) or his wasn't. Think we all know the answer there. Floyd Mayweather would still beat you at 38. And this isn't a shot at Canelo, but that he's not on Floyd's level...we know this hasn't changed in 2.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
          You had 40 some fights when you fought Mayweather--more than he had almost at 10 years younger than him. I don't really think you're in a position to talk about someone not taking a rematch when you were outclassed by a father figure. Again, I'm not a Mayweather fan, so either your record was padded (Bueller....Bueller?) or his wasn't. Think we all know the answer there. Floyd Mayweather would still beat you at 38. And this isn't a shot at Canelo, but that he's not on Floyd's level...we know this hasn't changed in 2.5 years.
          canelo turn pro at 15 and has no ametuer background unlike floyd who did..

soo **** outta heaa with this shyt post

Comment

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter when you turned pro or your CHOICE of having an AMATEUR (spelling) background. There's no blame game in boxing. Please don't make it that. You're sissy'ing it up for everyone else. I'm not a Floyd fan, but he took the fight and lost. I hope he wins against Cotto.
            Originally posted by swaggertron1 View Post
            canelo turn pro at 15 and has no ametuer background unlike floyd who did..

soo **** outta heaa with this shyt post

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
              father figure LOL

Comment

The Floyd fight was all upside for Canelo even if he lost, that's why they made the fight. Money and an easily accessible range of excuses to be reached for afterwards. He was outclassed in that fight.

I think we will see Canelo lose again in the future to another slick fighter, but he is still very fun to watch against sluggers and boxer/punchers with power.

Cotto fight and a GGG fight are both wars. But even outside of Floyd- Trout and Lara both showed where Canelo can be further exploited by a fighter with the right attributes.

Still wish Canelo and Paul Williams could have happened..

Comment

It also made you wiser by not excepting catch weights when you are the one being drained

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                    The Floyd fight was all upside for Canelo even if he lost, that's why they made the fight. Money and an easily accessible range of excuses to be reached for afterwards. He was outclassed in that fight.

I think we will see Canelo lose again in the future to another slick fighter, but he is still very fun to watch against sluggers and boxer/punchers with power.

Cotto fight and a GGG fight are both wars. But even outside of Floyd- Trout and Lara both showed where Canelo can be further exploited by a fighter with the right attributes.

Still wish Canelo and Paul Williams could have happened..
                    If Williams vs Canelo would have happened I'm sure the Floyd fight would have never happened. Cannel was to Green and lack the stamina to keep up with Paul Williams

Comment

Working...
                    X