No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto: Martinez Fight is Closer Than it Was Before

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto: Martinez Fight is Closer Than it Was Before

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) says the negotiations to fight WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 26KOs) are coming together, but there are still items that both parties have to agree on. The match is targeted for June 7th at Madison Square Garden in New York City. If a deal is not reached, Cotto plans to move forward with another opponent.

[Click Here To Read More]

Interesting, sounds like they were somewhat close to breaking off negotiations.

Comment

Will probably be done by the end of the month

Comment

I'm starting to worry this fight might fall through...

Comment

Martinez got the number he wants..i'm pretty sure the big issue will be ring size. Cotto's new fight style would indicate smaller ring and Martinez style of movement would indicate larger ring. As long as the money is squared away all should be good though. Can't wait for them to announce the fight so I can get some tickets.

Comment

It's gonna happen. Saw Cotto on ESPN Deportes today. Although it isn't signed, he was already more or less promoting it.

Comment

FFS!!

Make the deal so i can book my ticket to NY. Ive done Vegas, i just need MSG to complete my dream!

All this "we are closer" crap is nothing more than a big c0ck tease!

Comment

So tired of washed up Cotto always being recycled and re-packaged to us as some sort of viable threat . It reminds me of that experiment they were testing out in Japan a while back where they were exploring ways to turn human feces back into edible food ... Martinez wins every round of this sparring session !!!

Comment

This fight will get done. Just a great opportunity for both, career wise and financially. The circumstances are too good to pass up.

I will be rooting for not just a win but for a beat down. Destroy that sissy, Cotto!!

Comment

this is the biggest fight of the year so far, floyd-khan and manny-gamboa are both jokes. hope this gets made.

Comment

Working...
                    X