No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia Angry With Khan Getting Top Tourney Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia Angry With Khan Getting Top Tourney Spot

Angel Garcia, father/trainer of WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, was angry when speaking to BoxingScene.com about Golden Boy Promotion's proposed 140-pound tournament.

Based on the discussed layout, Danny Garcia would fight Zab Judah on Saturday night, and then IBF champion Lamont Peterson would fight Lucas Matthysse on May 18th - and then the two winners would face each other - and then the winner of that fight would face Amir Khan at the end of the year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

as long as he's the draw

Comment

I could'nt agree with Angel Garcia more what has Khan done to get the winner of this tournament - Golden Boy Promotions are becoming the biggest joke in Boxing

Comment

Angel keepin real

Honestly Khan doesn't deserve ****, he needs to beat Breidis Prescott first if he even gets a chance at a title, Breidis Prescott deserves a shot at Danny or Peterson before that spoiled b!tch gets the fight he's been whining about, and everyone knows damn well he'll get knocked the **** out again

Comment

Being able to sell fights is more important in boxing then winning or losing. If you could fill an arena and sell PPV, it wouldn't matter if you were 0-100, you'd still be given prime money making fights. Your win/lose ratio, KO percentage, opposition quality, overall skill and talent is all secondary to the ability to sell a fight.

Comment

From the movie Taken:

DLH: Please understand... it was all business. It wasn't personal

Angel Garcia: It was all personal to me.

Last edited by JeanGrey; 04-24-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Jesus Christ... someone please dispose of Danny Garcia already so this prick can STFU and we never hear from him again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I totally agree with old head Garcia. Khan is being given way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by St. John's Gent View Post
                  Honestly Khan doesn't deserve ****, he needs to beat Breidis Prescott first if he even gets a chance at a title, Breidis Prescott deserves a shot at Danny or Peterson before that spoiled b!tch gets the fight he's been whining about, and everyone knows damn well he'll get knocked the **** out again
                  Prescott? Come on man!! Im no khan supporter in fact I loath him but Prescott is a nobody in the JWW division. I know he knocked out Khan but he just got KOd by a LW taking the fight on short notice. Prescott shouldnt become a factor in what happens in the JWW division.

Comment

As long as he's the draw? What does he draws, KO punches to his jaw? Give me a break!

Comment

Working...
                    X