No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Upset: Ruslan Should've Had Three 10-8 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Upset: Ruslan Should've Had Three 10-8 Rounds

Carson, California - Shortly after Tim Bradley's epic unanimous decision victory over Ruslan Provodnikov at the Home Depot Center, the Siberian's trainer, Freddie Roach, said that his fighter will remain at 147 pounds. The twice beaten Provodnikov had been campaigning as a junior welterweight and Roach told BoxingScene that he is a much better fighter at welterweight.

"He's definitely staying at welterweight. Making 140 pounds was killing Ruslan and it definitely effected his performance. He's 100% better at 147. That's where he is going to fight from now on," Roach stated.
    [Click Here To Read More]

blah blah blah how can you cry wolf when one round earlier said he was going to stop the fight i dont think one 10 8 round changed fight completely from him saying he was going to stop the fight i call . your just tired of losing roach

Comment

Congrats on a great fight. Not too sure how he will fair at 147 though. While the Russian can punch he clearly takes a lot of shots too. The competition in the 147 class are all great boxers and capable of out boxing the Russian slugger.
      Time will tell. Freddy has great talent so hopefully he can groom the Russian for a bright future.

Comment

Feel a bit bad for Roach, he is not having a good run lately.

Comment

Bradley was hurt in the first round but it took 5 seconds and a push down. He didn't just went down cause he was hurt. Even when he was badly hurt he kept on punching. He was getting hit alot and hurt but he fought the whole round

Comment

Provodnikov looked like the elephant man in the post fight interview-all while saying he never felt Bradley's punches! I thought Bradley fought stupid and played into Ruslan's strengths until he adjusted and BOXED.

I scored the fight for Bradley-but barely (around a point ahead of Ruslan).I personally don't count 10-8 rounds unless the fighter is knocked down-and neither do 90% of judges.

The first round COULD have been a knockdown had Ruslan not have pushed Bradley down-unfortunately for him,he DID push Tim down.There was really no controversy with the scoring-the only controversy was that the fight COULD have been stopped in round 1 when Bradley fell over while trying to get back up...but it's only fair to give the champ the benefit of the doubt (plus we would have missed a helluva fight!).

Comment

Agreed. Some judges think a guy has to touch the canvas for a 10-8. Should really be 10-10 for even round, 10-9 for round win, 10-8 for knockdown or hurting opponent badly. Maybe the commission decides in each state?

Comment

Actually...I changed my mind!! 10-8 for knockdown only. 10-9 rewards a staggered fighter for staying on his feet. Otherwise no incentive to stay up.

Comment

It's a DRAW!

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                    Actually...I changed my mind!! 10-8 for knockdown only. 10-9 rewards a staggered fighter for staying on his feet. Otherwise no incentive to stay up.
                    Very rarely these days do you see a 10-8 round without a knockdown...just as equally rare to find a judge score a round a draw-which is good in a way,because it determines the winner of a round.

Bradley made this fight tougher than he had to in rounds 1, 2, 11 and 12...apart from that,Bradley won the rest of the rounds by lateral movement and a good jab...hell,he should have worked Ruslan's cut eye more and try to get the doctors to stop the fight!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X